Old 05-28-2014, 04:16 AM   #9
BC-Boy

Drives: 2013 Brz sport-tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad86 View Post
Received a reply to my e-mail yesterday from Chevron.

"Thank you for the inquiry, and apologies for the delay in getting a response sent out to you. Your unanswered email was just brought to our attention.

As of January 1, 2010, BC's Reformulated Fuel Standard (RFS) requires that an average of 5% renewable fuel content be blended into all gasolines. To meet this mandate, Chevron Canada is now blending up to 10 volume percent ethanol into our Chevron Regular, Chevron Regular Plus, and Chevron Supreme gasolines. Chevron gasolines sold in BC may contain up to 10 volume percent ethanol. Where ethanol blended gasoline is sold, it is present in all three grades mentioned. Up to 10% ethanol by volume.

Regarding Supreme Plus (94 octane), it does not contain ethanol nor do we have any plans in the future to add ethanol to the product. Supreme Plus remains a core product in our suite of fuels and we plan to continue to offer it at our BC facilities.

The regulations provide sufficient flexibility for us to provide ethanol-free product to our customers on Vancouver Island for all grades of gasoline; and to our customer in the rest of BC for our 94 Octane grade. Please note that this represents the current situation, and the content of our fuels may change in the future, since our products are always clearly labeled as to ethanol content, we will provide notice of any changes.

Sincerely,

Chevron Fuels Technical Services"
man i feel your pain chevron 94 is shit gas, i have had so much trouble tuning for this stuff, good tank, bad tank, bad tank ,bad .. bad ... good .. bad.. like its so inconsistant, and i went tru the trouble of tracking down the station that sells the most here in kelowna. and still.. i have a thread on this. but the chev 94 is garbage. it tunes like a bad 91. and shell 91 0ethanol tunes worse. so of all the gases it is the best, but still far inferior to us gas, ontario and quebec have great gas. I have been told by many people to use ethanol blended 91, because it does tame the knock even better than 94. i think in bc everything is so dam exspensive ppl will fill their 100k + sport suvs and cars with regular, to save a couple bucks. and that chev 94 isnt used enough.
BC-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote