FR-S Matt
Banned

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S MT
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Whiteline LCA's light clunking noise

So I've gotten my V3's, Whiteline LCA's and Whiteline Toe Arms all installed and I'm aligned. Only problem I have now is the slight clanking noise I get at very low speeds when the weight of the car shifts. I can make the noise happen when just turning the wheel left or right going about 5 mph. Same story when I go up a small hill.

I've tightened and torqued all LCA bolts, using stock locations for all components. I have checked the rear endlinks on the swaybar into the LCA and they seem alright as well. I know the next piece everyone is going to tell me is if I torqued the top hats properly in the rear and yes, they don't go much further.

Not sure if this noises are due to having the spherical bearings in the whiteline, but I figure they shouldn't clank at such low speeds when adjusting to bumps and weight shifting in the car. Even the cheap SPC's didn't do that. Any ideas where I may need to look? It's very hard to replicate while the car is still and is much easier at a very low speed.
FR-S Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-S Matt For This Useful Post:
Baldoak (05-03-2016)