ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
We had one of those too! My parents were geekier than I realized, we had internet since ~1984, never less than 3 top of the line computers, "hacker" books from when the term meant quick programming/changing of function/abilities.
What about demos. I remember when downloading and playing demos was what kids did. If anyone convinced their mum to pay $20 for a CD key every kid wanted it from you. My mum bought me a game once and it came with a CD of demos, I lent it to so many kids and then it got stolen, lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklimo View Post
Apple IIe

Yeah I'm that old
I learned on a Power Macintosh all in one. Then I owned a original G3. I remember taking that for a 64mb ram upgrade

After that I had a more powerful G3. Then I switched to PC a few years later.

Anyone remember piracy back in the day? I remember there were programs for people to host servers. Some were public access others you had to pay money to get an access code. Depending on your member level (how much you paid) would determine your bandwidth allowed. And people trying to run out of their moms basement internet would get bandwidth capped by their ISP and members would get mad as fuk.