View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #20
geez

Drives: CRX Si (stored in US)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by korinfox View Post
With snow tires, LSD, traction control, and VSC, it'll be fine in the snow.

The only time it wouldn't be fine, is when the snow is too tall to clear the bodywork, but when that's the case you shouldn't be out driving anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryUyede View Post
Driving in Snow is a blast! The problem is you have to share the road with other people..lol

I had Blizzaks on my 350z, it was decent when clearance wasnt an issue. The problem is people are monkeys, and when i rip around in the snow in my 350z, people in other cars just assume they can do the same regardless of what tires or vehicles they have and end up sliding into me or rear ending me.

I'd had Dunlop Winter sports on my S14..it was even more awesome in the snow than the 350z. I've also had BOTH my STI and WRX in the snow with dedicated winters...just insanely good.

Morale of my post, FR-S/BRZ should be good in the snow, But beware of Monkeys
I agree with korinfox and CoryUyede. I grew up in snow before FWD and LSD. Quite frankly I prefer RWD with LSD and manual transmission. If it's new to you find yourself a large vacant parking lot on the first good snow day and explore the limits of your car. And as CoryUyede says, when you leave the parking lot, "beware of the monkeys."

Since all our cars seem to come with 17" rims, I've been looking for some 16" rims with the proper fitment to dedicate to my studded snows. I just saw a couple posts on the BRZ Forum with pics of BRZ's with OEM 16" rims. Those seem to look pretty good. I've also been looking at the TSW Trackstar 5, 16x7, 5-100, 50mm from Element Wheels at $149 ea. Also TireRack's moda MD12, 16x7.5, 5-100, 48mm at $92 ea. Decisions, decisions...
Attached Images

geez is offline   Reply With Quote