View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #29
hellyvin

Drives: WRB Brz
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For everyone here that's mentioned about getting a ticket, you guys should always try contesting it. There is nothing to lose, even if the court finds you guilty, you will still have the choice of traffic school if you are eligible (you haven't gone the last 18 months or you didn't speed over a certain amount).

Also, there is another easier way other than actually making a court date and going to court. This is by written decleration, where you basically mail or deliver your statement to the court (there is a specific form) along with any evidence you have. The officer will do the same and the court will make the decision. In the event the officer does not file his response, you are dismissed. The same thing would happen if you show up to court in person and the officer does not appear, your case is dismissed.

Basically when you contest, you just want the officer to not file a response or not to show up. If they do, the chances of the judge finding you guilty is pretty high.

Personally I've had 2 speeding citations in my BRZ over the last year and a half. Both of them got dismissed after I went through trial by written declaration. Give it a shot

Check out the link below too, it has some good info regarding fighting citations.

http://www.ticketassassin.com/home.php?page=fight
hellyvin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hellyvin For This Useful Post:
clayrush (03-02-2014)