Old 03-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #81
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
-_- this is a weird thread..

Why is Subaru taken seriously when they are not competing at the so called "highest form of racing"? Its because they are good at what they do on the consumer level. F1 and FIA racing isn't a benchmark for the automotive industry its just bragging rights in found only in a window of onlookers.

Take a PC builder for example (manufacturer), you could build a bad ass rig (car) with 4 Nvidia Titan GPUs, Overclock the fucker.. and run all sorts of benchmarks(racing) on it and score incredibly high, and be like "YEAHH LOOK AT THAT NUMBERS IM THE BEST!". But is it really the best? Sure it runs games(sanction) flawlessly...but is it the best?

You use the same rig and find that it SUCKS at performing against large computational data streams or creating big 3D environments as a modeler.

Problem with seeing F1 and FIA as the Highest Benchmark is that you are putting horse blinders on and ignoring the possibilities that Subaru is doing the best that it can at the highest Level of performance on the consumer/grass roots level.

In WBO boxing The highest levels of performance is found within all weight divisions and not just 1..aka Heavy Weight.

IMO F1 is a passtime, really now for the good ol guys and the men with deep pockets. Don't get too swept up as to why Subaru doesn't wish to compete in those events.

If i had a thriving car company, big racing events aren't a big business priority as it helps nobody but my own ego. And makes me seem like a pretentious asshole anyway.