jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arghx7 View Post
Two things. For the map you've shown, it looks like it could be Fuel pressure target vs some sensor voltage (rail pressure sensor voltage) vs some multiplier or correction factor. The rail pressure sensor is 0-5v right?

Second, could you explain further what you're looking to do? You want to change the injection mass by adjusting the pulsewidth, as opposed to adjusting the rail pressure? One thing to keep in mind is that the fuel spray in a direct injection system works against the cylinder pressure. The cylinder pressure varies with crank angle, load, valve timing, etc. That's why OEM controls for DI have some way, even if it's a very simplified correction, to account for instantaneous flow rate vs rail pressure vs cylinder pressure.
The map values are described by ecutek as the time required to flow 1cc of fuel. I figured this would be a more direct way of calibrating the di with the goal of minimizing fueling error. The x axis is di fuel rail pressure, but I have no idea what the 0-5v y axis represents. It doesn't seem as though it would be the pressure sensor voltage or that would be somewhat redundant since the x axis is the scaled output of that same sensor, but I could definitely be wrong.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote