Old 01-17-2014, 08:34 PM   #34
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashed675 View Post
Yesterday I had the day off and nothing to do so I decided to go window shopping for cars. While at Cascade Subaru, hoping to test drive a wrx, I noticed a silver BRZ. I wondered over to it and started looking around just for the fun of it. Naturally a salesman walked up and we started talking about it. He had something like "even with the CVT automatic they are still fun cars"....ummmm what? "they don't have cvt's, they have normal torque converter automatics", I said. "Noooo(with attitude), they are CVT's with paddles", he replied. "No, as far as i'm aware they are basically the same auto as a lexus ISF only without 7th or 8th gear". He turn and walks over to the brochure wall and brags the one for the BRZ, flips a few pages and starts reading. At this point i'm very focused on his facial expression because I know hes about to be proven wrong, he starts reading word for word. "Optional: 6-speed electronic automatic transmission with Sport mode, and
manual mode with paddle shifters with rev-matching downshift control", "Oh....I guess youre right", he says.

I had no intention on proving him wrong, but I had to set him straight.

White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote