Xinshadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_makaveli View Post
Hi guys it's me again

Got a small question

So today I went to go pick up my girlfriend from work and my car is warmed up, the gauge is reading just a bit under the normal

So I park the car and let it idle so it can warm up more while I wait for my girl to come out

But then I notice the Guage gets lower ( first line after the c) instead of warmer

Is this normal?

As soon as my gf came out, I went to drive the car and let it warm up to normal temperature.

Now I'm inside the car and the reading stays at normal.
And now going lower

Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Totally normal. Mine does the same thing, particularly when it's below freezing outside. The reason is because the engine really isn't at normal operating temp unless it's under load (IE when your driving) so the temp can drop back down a bit when it's just idling.

Factory temp gauges are terribly inaccurate anyways, so it's nothing to worry about.
Current mods: OFT Stage 2 (w/93 oct), OFH, Perrin Resonated catback, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Perrin drop-in filter, Avo silicone inlet, Mishimoto catch can, Grimmspeed MCB, Perrin crank pulley, Nameless overpipe/downpipe combo, DBA slotted rotors, Ferrodo brake pads, goodrich SS brake lines, DOT5 synthetic brake fluid.
Xinshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xinshadow For This Useful Post:
humfrz (01-03-2014), Young_makaveli (01-02-2014)