View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 03:19 AM   #24
mfbmike

Drives: 2013 FRS, 2008 R32
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Awesome reading. Pretty common knowledge (I would think anyway) but still very good information.

I've seen far too many guys cook their brakes on spirited mountain runs (some downhill) by just sitting on them for extended periods of time. Get on them hard, get off and be on your way. When you see brake lights on for far too long, it's not long before you can smell em cookin from behind them.

The stock brakes on the FR-S are DEFINITELY soft/mushy. A Grimmspeed master cylinder brace went a long way to improving the pedal feel and reducing the pedal travel needed to stop the car.

With that being said, I had a Tarox BBK on my R32 which I absolutely loved. Amazing feel, stopping power and tons of braking confidence. Arguably overkill but hard to tell. I don't think I will go BBK on this car, yet. Doesn't seem necessary with the current power levels. Definitely looking into an upgraded set of pads (project mu?), rotors (dba t3's?) and some rbf 660 in the near future though.

Thread deserves a sticky. Far too many suspension threads and not nearly enough brake-related (often overlooked imo) threads in this forum.

mfbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfbmike For This Useful Post:
JRitt (12-20-2013)