View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #89
RYU

Drives: really slow...
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispeee View Post
what would you say the optimal height would be for this particular application? I'm only seeking a 20-25mm drop in ride height.
They ship with height preset to approx 15-20mm drop. At this height they require a spring compressor to mount the factory top hat. In other words, the additional spring preload has pros/cons affect on ride and handling. Typically, great for the street. More body roll for the track especially coupled with longer droop travel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRORICAN View Post
Yup! I ordered some Raseseng rear tops to add a couple of inches of shock travel to try and get atleast a 2" drop without sacrificing ride quality. Also have rear stance lca's.

Working on the front as well with some lowering camber plates.
Increasing the stroke thru taller top hats only address part of the problem. You will still bottom out the spring and potentially the bumpstop. If you want to increase the stroke properly and maintain a low height I would recommend the offset/lower LCAs. Contact @CSG Mike or @CSG Dave and they can assist you if you want to go this route.

Last I looked at the setup...the upper control arm comes dangerously close to crashing against the chassis if you go too low. I have not tried it... because I hate the way slammed cars ride especially on the 86 chassis but that was what logic tells me given the motion ratio and how low people seem to want to go...
The Following User Says Thank You to RYU For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (12-10-2013)