Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
AZ - Phoenix - Camelback Subaru - Sales/Service

Sales: Mike
Service: Robert & Kyle
Story: I've been going to Camelback Subaru for my Subie's needs for years. With the WRX, I always worked with Robert who took good care of me and never advised more service than was needed. When I bought my STI, I dealt with Mike in Sales and Scott in Finance and though I felt a bit screwed (who doesn't when negotiating for multiple tens of thousands of dollars), I still was dealt a fair deal. For my STI's service, I worked with Kyle who is, himself, a Subie enthusiast (and drives an 02 WRX Bugeye Wagon).

When I simply could not afford the costs of paying for, insuring, and fueling the STI, I went back to Camelback for a BRZ and dealt again with Mike and Scott. This time, the negotiating was hard and I was ready to say "Thank you, but this simply won't work today" and be alright with that. Instead, they bent over backwards not to get me to say "yes", but to get the numbers to where I told them they needed to be, and they made it work by basically shaving off everything they could and they made the final numbers (not just the sales numbers) work. I'm going to be working with Kyle again for service, and Rich the mechanic and Markos (who himself races a built STI race car) in parts are well known in the area by Subie enthusiasts as among the good guys. My experience has been that for values of dealerships, Camelback's service and parts departments are enthusiast-friendly and their sales department is courteous and friendly.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
Deslock (11-18-2013)