View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #66
BlueDubbinTDI

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2012 MCS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
Lol so I came from the VW scene before I purchased my 86 and I always felt a sort of camaraderie between fellow dubers. Just a curtious wave as u drive by. That sorta thing. I was just curious if anyone else has been feeling like a black sheep.
I was all excited when I bought my 86. I would wave at both subaru owners as well as TC owners alike. Most of the time the subaru owners ignore me. And the same goes with the TC guys?
What gives? I think the suby guys are like... not AWD... hate it. And the TC guys are just jealous.

Now I must admit. I've linked up with a good group of people on some subaru forums that let me roll around with them in my scion. But as far as just random passing on the road I get the cold shoulder 90% of the time.

What about you guy?

I came from the VW scene too but my local dubbers are actually really fuckin cool. I'm still a vdub fanboy and feel the urge to chuck a V at modded VWs then remember that just won't fly anymore. Honestly most of the car scene is full of assholes and dudes too cool for school cuz they're slammed on Raceland coils riding on WalMart tires. You just need a backbone to really even speak to some of these kids, but the cool ones can really change your life for the better.
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote