Sccabrz192
Detroit Region, MI

Drives: 13 BRZ, 13 Volt, 02 WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevs753 View Post
I wonder if they would even be able to tell the difference even if they did check. Do the springs look any different? The cars come from the same factory. Either way, It's still cheating so I probably won't do it.
There are 2 ways to get caught:

1) At nationals some classes are selected randomly to have some random component checked across the whole field for compliance. Nothing to worry about here at a local/divisional level.

2) If someone believes your car is illegal and checks it. At national events you are required to open your car up, pop off a wheel, and anyone in your class is allowed to visually inspect your car. If they see something illegal, they can file a protest. This can happen at a local level too, but most people don't care that much, unless it's a blatant disregard for the rulebook/classing structure and because of it you are competitive or crushing the class.

The best policy to have is to be open with your competitors about what you are running. Alert registration and/or your competitors the morning of "hey, I have this modification, I know it is illegal per the rules but I would like to run the class because I don't think it's a significant advantage, are you ok with that?" If someone takes issue, just run STX or w/e class the car is actually legal for and still have some fun.
2005-06: #192 ES 91 MR2 N/A Hardtop
2007-08: #54 STX 05 WRX Sedan
2009-12: #92 BSP/ASP 07 Solstice GXP
2013-14 : #192 CS 13 Subaru BRZ
Sccabrz192 is offline   Reply With Quote