View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #234
jd666

Drives: 2013 Silver Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzpermadi View Post
I was reading your separate thread, did Al Futtaim really told you to wait 1-2 months? Because I still don't think 86 is popular enough in UAE.

That depends on your budget and how long you can wait. If you have the money and you still have other car to drive for 1-2 months I suggest to wait. Plenty of people really don't know how to maintain car or to drive properly in Dubai. This is general for all cars, not only just for 86.

But if you really tight on your budget and need a car soon or you really getting a good deal then go ahead.
- check the oil level, coolant, and the brake fluid level.
- Check the service history with AFM, when was the last service. You need this to ensure warranty still valid.
- For A/T cars there is separate thread about oil leaks from side of the engine, you might want to check that one.
- check for modifications: air intake, exhaust, rims/suspension that might void the warranty.
Yep, expected next lot of cars in November 2013.

I thought the same thing, since during my last visit to AFM in Abu Dhabi (in June), they had a mid-AT model for sale at about 109 or something.

I totally agree with the first aspect. However I would only be able to decide, once I see the vehicle.

It's a saving of 30k AED as well, which can probably be spent on doing up the car (if the car is in as good a shape as the owner suggests it is).

Got someone I know in AFM, who should be able to confirm the service history of the vehicle.

Oil Leak from side of engine - Yikes, this one I gotta be careful about.

Thanks for the tips!! Much appreciated!
jd666 is offline   Reply With Quote