View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #13
WRXGuy1

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog View Post
I don't really plan on driving during/immediately after a snow storm, but mother nature probably won't give me a choice. :P

Do you know if they salt the roads in NH? I'll probably be somewhere within 30 minutes of Dover, but not sure yet. Definitely southern NH though.

I've never driven in snow before, so I'm not really sure what to expect. I know high horsepower and/or performance tires don't do well, but the FR-S is not high horsepower and I could always put winter tires on it. That doesn't solve the problem of it being low, though.

Were those cars okay in the snow? I'm a decent driver, but completely inexperienced in snow driving (it doesn't snow where I live). I don't plan on getting rid of my Camaro, and I've heard it can do okay in the snow with the right tires (it's the 312 HP V6, not the 426 HP V8). I was considering getting the undercarriage coated and seeing how all-weather/winter tires do on it, but at that price, I may also be better buying a beater.

Would it help to get the undercarriage coated? I bought a 240sx from a guy in Pennsylvania and the undercarriage was completely rust free because he'd had it coated. It looks to be a good idea, but I imagine it would cost a couple/few grand.
Yes they salt and sand the roads, it's actually a mixture of both. There are a few roads though that are labeled "limited salt use" or "no salt use", so those roads just get sanded.

WRXGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote