View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #1252
grannyshifter25

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabang BRZ View Post
With the announcement of the BRZ STI and a spruced up 2014 model by October are you guys regretting your purchase?

I honestly would regret the purchase if and only if the STI had performance upgrades beyond 230bhp. The current Forester XT uses the same engine as the BRZ but with a turbo fitted beneath the block and performs very very well with little turbo lag. I wouldn't regret it if it exceeded the BIR's ruling on expensable vehicles.
not at all, if i wanted more power in the first place i would've gotten the WRX STi. i seriously don't get why people buy brz/86 then put turbo/supercharger on it, this car wasn't made for that if you want power there are other choices and the brz/86 shouldn't be one of them. you'll just ruin a perfectly good car by putting turbo/supercharger on it and you'll also waste money since you'll be spending so much to gain so little and still not go anywhere near the power of the WRX STi.

i came from a family that owns fast cars, i used to have a 99 impreza gc swapped with an 03 wrx engine then upgraded to an 05 STi when it came out in the market. heck those cars was considered slow by my family considering my brother drives a c63 and an r8 and my dad an x5m and s550. i got the brz because it was just such a fun little car, it was well balanced and very light. it's hard to find a car like the brz/86 that shows people that you can still have fun in a car without having xxx amount of hp. nowadays kasi everyone is so concerned about hp and 1/4 mile times, they forgot about the fun of driving and driving a car that is very driver oriented.
grannyshifter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grannyshifter25 For This Useful Post:
jdmasfcuk (08-06-2013)