Old 07-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #14
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,181 Times in 6,837 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
To be fair, what sort of event were you running when they were that hot? Was it a time attack (~3 hot laps max) or more of an endurance format?
Just a ride-along at the last FT86CUP event (HPDE). This picture is from the end of the first (and only) hot lap.

Here's another picture at the beginning of the hot lap. The temperature gradient is much more obvious here because the rotors haven't soaked as much heat yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh View Post
I am talking about canyon driving. While driving downhill specially . I noticed a huge difference ce and the brakes fade way too fast for my liking. BBK I think is am overkill in my opinion. I was thinking more in the route of just better rotors and pads. My question was that the stop tech replaces all 4 discs while the stage 2 gives u Dba rotors in the front and some motul brake fluid. Which would yield better breaking and less fade. Uphill and downhill driving in the canyon an hour puts a lot of stress on the breaks much more than say a typical auto cross run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Even with the BBK, I can (and will) fade the brakes, with a BBK, with 2000+F MOT pads when canyoning. Canyoning is often harder on brakes, since you don't see high enough speeds to really get a lot of cooling on the brakes, and you're constantly braking back to back.

It really comes down to what each person needs at their level of comfort and experience.

In our case, the BBK's ultimate purpose is to reduce long term operating cost; the extra fade resistance is just a perk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsFang View Post
What I'm saying is you won't see a big difference going to Bbk. You will probably stop 6 feet less. If you have the means to blow a few grand to stop 6 feet less go right ahead. Also that pic can be done with better pads/rotors and will run you less than 600.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The BBK doesn't reduce stopping distance in any way. See this post: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...54&postcount=2

On a side note, 6 feet, when braking with ABS, is the difference between impacting the car in front of you at ~10mph (and taking out your bumper, impact beam, as well as theirs, and other misc damage), or stopping right at their bumper.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Anthonytpt (07-19-2013), InvalidJohnny5 (07-19-2013)