Old 07-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #52
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,182 Times in 6,837 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
People need to realize that ecutek is no cobb accessport or Diablo..

EcuTek doesn't want their licenses to be resold and i really don't want my tunes resold.

I think it's funny how quickly people forget how lucky we all are a company like EcuTek is supporting this platform. If EcuTek didn't spend the time and money working on these cars this platform would be completely different !

It's not like EcuTek did simple ecu support and bailed on all of us after. They continue to update their product and stay on top of their game even when they have no real competition. Brzedit isn't competition .. That product is at a entirely different level, similar to the unichip, IMO of course lol .

John
Cobb is every bit as successful as ECUTek. I understand that you tune on several platforms where ECUTek and Cobb compete, and completely understand that you don't want your work resold.

Both companies must be doing something right to be this successful, right?

Personally, I prefer the Cobb model.

On a side note, Hondata uses the Cobb model, but the number of ECU marriages is limited. After so many "transfers", the unit bricks and can only be locked by Hondata. Not sure if Cobb does this.

I also believe that it's up to you, as the tuner, to educate your clientele on why they should not be sharing their tunes. We both know how even the smallest deviation in a tune can have devastating effects.
CSG Mike is online now   Reply With Quote