Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by qoncept View Post
If you want to justify ecutek's business model, why don't you quote us stats from platforms that have both ecutek and (anything else) support. No one is buying ecutek licenses for the WRX anymore.
EcuTek doesn't sell much in the WRX / STI market because there's a FREE Solution and Cobb.

And for a while they didn't have end-user cables..which sucked for everyone.

If someone wants features, they get Cobb.. if someone wants to be cheap - they go open source.

That being said I sell several WRX/STI licenses without any problems...

Tuned a 2013 WRX last night.. guy didn't want the expensive of Cobb but wanted Launch Control, Flat Foot Shifting.

If he went open source you have to pay someone to patch the rom for those features.. by the time you done paying for everything you might has well gone with EcuTek that has A LOT more features than just Launch Control and Flat Foot shifting... that and the fact you have to search for the patches. it's not worth MY time to do that.

It's certainly not for everyone.. but will once again become a another great option for the WRX/STI.. why? because EcuTek is currently in the process of updating most of their Subaru stuff.

I'm looking forward to installing a flex fuel kit on my 05 STi.. Finally I can just pump and go

John
Visconti is offline   Reply With Quote