View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 10:49 PM   #32
Cal3000

Drives: Panda FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I will never ever be able to understand the oft made statement "I have problems passing" with this car. The vast majority of cars on the roads have between 90 and 150 HP yet they all manage to get past other vehicles with no issues. Did everybody that can't get past other cars all come from Mustang GTs or something where you just mashed the pedal? Hell just the other day I was doing 65 on a back road and a Mitsubishi Mirage flew past me with all it's 80HP, 74lbs torque. He didn't seem to be struggling even if he was a far braver soul than I to go that speed on the road we were on. Going turbo or SC because you "can't pass" is just a way your own brain is trying to rationalize your need for one. Downshift and pass.
Basically with any 90-150hp car, if you try to pass them and they decide to mash it too, you are not passing anything within 1000ft. lol
The lack of torque kills this car and you need to utilize the full power band to do anything.
I have an evo also. While my boosted twin can hang top end, the evo just launches itself out of a steady state cruise so rapidly and can literally zip by cars within a second or so. If I do the same thing in the FRS, it takes forever to gain ground.

I tried to pass a e-Golf with the frs after a double right turn at a light and it took forever just to gain any ground. He had about 200tq down low while I have like 100tq max down low and peaks at about 250tq at 7000rpm. lol
I had about a 250hp delta on it.

In conclusion, these cars are really slow bottom end. lol
Delicious Tuning
Cal3000 is offline   Reply With Quote