Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Side Marker came out (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96548)

HKSpadez 10-21-2015 06:49 PM

Side Marker came out

Side marker came out cause of a car wash :(

any ideas what I could do if the clip is broken? For the time being I put a little bit of glue + tape to keep it on but going to remove it soon to take a look.

Anyone has any easy fixes for if the clip is broken? I'm hopeful it just came loose but I doubt it could come loose without the clip being broken.

anyone else deal with same issue?

Thanks,
HK

Greazly 10-23-2015 09:40 PM

I had a driver side side marker that kept coming loose. Finally end up just using a double side tape.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

FRSBRZGT86FAN 10-23-2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKSpadez (Post 2427477)

any ideas what I could do if the clip is broken? For the time being I put a little bit of glue + tape to keep it on but going to remove it soon to take a look.

Anyone has any easy fixes for if the clip is broken? I'm hopeful it just came loose but I doubt it could come loose without the clip being broken.

Thanks,
HK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greazly (Post 2430131)
I had a driver side side marker that kept coming loose. Finally end up just using a double side tape.

Honestly, the clips are so flimsy and pop out, but if you can get epoxy to reinstall them on the sidemarker you can replace them with these:
http://www.fteightysix.com/appearanc...er-clips-pair/

Packofcrows 10-24-2015 02:49 AM

Time for clear ones!

HKSpadez 10-25-2015 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greazly (Post 2430131)

thanks for the heads up. i might try that

haha but yeah. it may be time for clear ones XD

02.ACCORD.DUDE 10-25-2015 05:33 PM

Mine are a bit loose (or something) but the clips are still there, I just added some double-sided tape which hope keeps them firmly in place.

aznatama 10-29-2015 11:52 AM

the clips suck on these.

Fill the hole for the clip w/ epoxy or super glue after you install the clip. That should keep the clip securely in the side marker housing. I think there's a place you can buy replacement clips if you lost yours.

stevesnj 10-29-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKSpadez (Post 2427477)

Thanks,
HK

Can you see a letter on the clip? It's the metal clip that broke or the plastic the clip goes on?

Kuri 10-29-2015 03:01 PM

I drilled a hole in mine and ziptied it to my bumper.

fker is not going anywhere

JB86'd 10-29-2015 09:57 PM

I recently had to replace my sidemarker bulbs and the clips on one side were dunzo. I used some clear silicone rubber on the contact points, shit isn't going anywhere, but is mellow enough to come apart if I need to take it off.

Ammunition 10-29-2015 10:19 PM

If the clip is broken, you can try replacing it; @fteightysix sells all three of the clips in individual pairs for jsut $5.00 USD - http://www.fteightysix.com/appearanc.../#.VjLTgberSUk. Otherwise, a few of the suggestions offered in this thread are a decent option - or just upgrading the clear side markers :D

02.ACCORD.DUDE 10-30-2015 05:13 PM

So I used double-sided tape on both markers - one marker is firmly in place (after 600 mi) the other one still gets loose... So for the cheapest easiest solution, I'd just go with the tape but take the time to do it right.

No real drawbacks to using it...

YamahaR86 10-30-2015 07:21 PM

I have smoked sidemarkers. Transferred my clips over from OEM and they're still loose

stevesnj 10-31-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamahaR86 (Post 2437279)
I have smoked sidemarkers. Transferred my clips over from OEM and they're still loose

Just bend them out, releasing the clips sometimes bends them in with the effect of making the markers loose on reinstall. Actually take the clip off and heat it up then bend it. Apparently they tend to break when cold. Heating them then re attaching the clip to the marker should reduce the breakage chance.