Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Near Accidents/Misses (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92541)

brandonblt2 07-29-2015 07:08 PM

Near Accidents/Misses

Its seems like since I've gotten my brz people have been gunning for me and trying to run me off the road. Since then I brought a dashcam to capture some the craziness. This one happened today on my way back from work a truck started to cut me off and left me with 2 choices gun it or slam on the brakes.

https://youtu.be/dKcmkGR_uUI

ryoma 07-29-2015 07:39 PM

damn that truck driver needs glasses

brandonblt2 07-29-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryoma (Post 2339897)
damn that truck driver needs glasses

Yea I nearly shit myself when I saw him roll out in front of me

menikmati 07-29-2015 08:33 PM

Fall of Troy FTW.

dbrandt01 07-29-2015 08:50 PM

Very close, I've had that happened to me only the truck waited til I was closer and didn't stop. I almost went under the trailer. I had the same reaction you did in the video.

If I had a dash cam, I'd have enough video for a 10 minute compilation. Living in a tourist area, the tourists are quite clueless. I'd had people make a u-turn in the middle of the hwy. I don't know how this makes sense when the speed limit is 55mph and they wait til you're almost there to go out in front. I've had people pull out in front of me from stores. I'd had texters almost run into the side of me or the back of me because they weren't paying attention. Even people that try to pass on a two lane road. Too many times have I played "chicken" with someone because there isn't enough room for them to pass or they pass too slow.

I've never been in a wreck and I'm not looking for it to happen, but I've had a ridiculous amount of close calls. I find out my horn works because it seems I'm using it everyday haha.

BRZnut 07-29-2015 08:52 PM

My wife and I make freq trips on 95 up and down the east coast and I swear people do not see us. Have DGM BRZ and stuff like what happened to you seems to happen more often than it should. Also like we have a cloaking device built in!

kerbal945 07-29-2015 09:05 PM

Who designed this highway? Why is there no on-ramp? Sure the truck driver is blind, but why do these roads even exist?!!?

brandonblt2 07-29-2015 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrandt01 (Post 2339964)
Very close, I've had that happened to me only the truck waited til I was closer and didn't stop. I almost went under the trailer. I had the same reaction you did in the video.

If I had a dash cam, I'd have enough video for a 10 minute compilation. Living in a tourist area, the tourists are quite clueless. I'd had people make a u-turn in the middle of the hwy. I don't know how this makes sense when the speed limit is 55mph and they wait til you're almost there to go out in front. I've had people pull out in front of me from stores. I'd had texters almost run into the side of me or the back of me because they weren't paying attention. Even people that try to pass on a two lane road. Too many times have I played "chicken" with someone because there isn't enough room for them to pass or they pass too slow.

I've never been in a wreck and I'm not looking for it to happen, but I've had a ridiculous amount of close calls. I find out my horn works because it seems I'm using it everyday haha.

yea I'm thinking of saving footage and making a compilation also lol. New Jersey easily as some of the worst drivers I drive with my guard up all the time

brandonblt2 07-29-2015 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerbal945 (Post 2339973)
Who designed this highway? Why is there no on-ramp? Sure the truck driver is blind, but why do these roads even exist?!!?

It's not really a highway more like a two lane road but yea you have cross two lanes of traffic to get to the other side and merge. Crazy thing is even if that truck crossed earlier it's trailer would still be in my lane cause the merge/divider area is not big enough. It really is a poorly designed area

kberkel 07-29-2015 10:14 PM

I've had some crazy occurrences that I wish were on video.

Not entirely innocent though.. Usually it's when everyone's moving in slow motion and I'm whizzing by at the speed limit.

Speed2th 07-29-2015 10:39 PM

God wants insurance to get you an new car

fridayfrs 07-29-2015 10:52 PM

Sphincter factor 10! Yikes!. Hope that won't be my experience. I agree NJ has some really bad roads and drivers. It's the only place I've ever come close to airborne at 35 mph.

Scenic Driver 07-30-2015 11:40 AM

I have had more near misses happen in NJ than I can remember, it didn't matter what car I was driving either.

murdoc 07-30-2015 11:56 AM

Car looks too fast, he thought you were already gone.