Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Goodbye to everyone! Going down the SI route (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89373)

spatcha88 06-01-2015 08:08 PM

Goodbye to everyone! Going down the SI route

Hey guys it's been an awesome 6 months of the FR-S but time to say goodbye. I owned a sexy White Out 13' FR-S (auto) but have driven both. As I said in a previous post from a couple days ago, the good lord blessed me with some extra fundage and was planning to buy a 2nd car and keep the fr-s. I was looking at a 2013 Maxima and a 2014 Civic Ex. So I decided I was going with the Civic. While at the dealer, a 2014 SI coupe in black was really dirty in the lot and I asked my salesman what's the deal with the SI. Turns out it was a Demo Car that was about to head to a whole sale buyer. Only 6K on dot I asked to see if I could drive it and I fell in love guys. This thing rev's beautifully and my god is the interior fucking refined. Now I will say this thing does not handle as sharp as the FR-S but it's damn close. It was end of the month, they were getting ready to take a loss on it, and it was memorial day week so they were desperate for a sale. Ended up getting the car 20.5 and out the door and couldn't refuse. I'm saying good bye to the FRS as I have a buyer coming down tomorrow to pick her up.

I had some good laughs on this site and received more than enough help, this is a damn good community.

If you guys have any questions about any differences from the SI to FRS from a non-bias driver, let me know. I was in love with the FR-S but unfortunately I purchased an Out of Warranty Lemon that I was afraid in the near future would be a money pit.

Peace ya'll and remember... DRIVE IT LIKE YA FKN STOLE IT!!! :burnrubber:

Wise 06-01-2015 08:13 PM

Personally if I was going from RWD to FWD I'd at least get a Renault Megane RS275, Focus ST or a Scirocco R.

But it sounds like you're happy, so good on you.

civdaddy 06-01-2015 08:18 PM

Seriously better hope buyer doesn't read this post before he buys your car lol.

swarb 06-01-2015 08:20 PM

Whatever makes you happy. You bought a 10k salvaged "lemon". You made 5+ posts with the same problem and everyone told you the fix.

continuecrushing 06-01-2015 08:27 PM

hmmmm.

Interesting

Who8myrice 06-01-2015 08:29 PM

Just to let you know, that k24 is reason why I didn't buy new si. Coming from d b and k20, I thought k24 in si were same as tsx ones. But it is nice car. Enjoy !!

Packofcrows 06-01-2015 09:03 PM

bye Honda guy! http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdef9wPYh21ro7opk.gif

Koa 06-01-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spatcha88 (Post 2270725)
Now I will say this thing does not handle as sharp as the FR-S but it's damn close.

I am both happy and sad that you feel this way, if it works for you it works :)

not so sure you can be unbiased in a situation like this.. especially if you really do perceive the handling of the two to be "damn close". My best bud has an '14 and to me they're miles apart. Shows we have two sets of biases here right from the get-go innit? ;)

GLHF

Tcoat 06-01-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packofcrows (Post 2270808)

DochTor will be so proud of him!

soulreapersteve 06-01-2015 09:39 PM

VEEEEEEEEEETEECCCCC!!

Good luck with your new-ish car! If it makes you happy, more power to yah. :)

spatcha88 06-01-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koa (Post 2270818)
I am both happy and sad that you feel this way, if it works for you it works :)

not so sure you can be unbiased in a situation like this.. especially if you really do perceive the handling of the two to be "damn close". My best bud has an '14 and to me they're miles apart. Shows we have two sets of biases here right from the get-go innit? ;)

GLHF

Well I guess like everything, it's all in the eyes of the beholder. Maybe I was just never in tune with the FRs Like everyone else is who knows. But I'm happy. Also to everyone, I am in no way bashing the FR-S. I still think it's the sexier car of the two exterior wise though imo.

themajesticone 06-01-2015 09:43 PM

Well that is a huge mistake. Bad decision. Ugly af. Bye. Sorry for being mean <3

pushrod 06-01-2015 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spatcha88 (Post 2270725)
If you guys have any questions about any differences from the SI to FRS from a non-bias driver, let me know.

Can you put us in touch with your unbiased colleague directly?

Bergen23 06-01-2015 10:01 PM

lol, sounds like you didn't actually win as much as you say you did in vegas

Edit: Also, 20k for a FWD car that doesn't have the driving dynamics the twins have... Good luck with your hopped up econobox.