Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Rise Of The Rocket Bunny -- DSG Blog (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70975)

Jason@DSG 07-28-2014 02:41 PM

The Rise Of The Rocket Bunny -- DSG Blog

We have a great Rocket Bunny Blog Post with the history on the man behind it. It's a great read for the car junkie and paired up with some really nice pics. Check it out :)

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/...psd3f3b207.jpg

(Click HERE or on the banner)

CAMBAM_6 07-28-2014 03:35 PM

Still by far the best looking widebody kit available for this car IMO, although early on people got tired of it because it was popping up everywhere with not many other options besides lip kits. It actually looks a lot better on the Twins then it does on the GT-R 35

Jason@DSG 07-28-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMBAM_6 (Post 1869670)
Still by far the best looking widebody kit available for this car IMO, although early on people got tired of it because it was popping up everywhere with not many other options besides lip kits. It actually looks a lot better on the Twins then it does on the GT-R 35

While there are a lot of them, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. When I get my twin, it's either this or the Varis regardless of how many people have them on. It REALLY suits the car IMO

CAMBAM_6 07-28-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason@DSG (Post 1869679)
While there are a lot of them, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. When I get my twin, it's either this or the Varis regardless of how many people have them on. It REALLY suits the car IMO

Hands down Rocket Bunny>Varis

myusernameisrob 07-28-2014 03:59 PM

Sweet RB feature!

Even though people say it's getting played out, it's one of my favorite kit out there.

TjAlmeida 07-28-2014 04:02 PM

Varis any day over this bunny fad. This kit has become way to popular.

Cool write up. But if it was to be a functional wide body. I think quite easily Varis takes the cake!

Jason@DSG 07-28-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjAlmeida (Post 1869715)
Varis any day over this bunny fad. This kit has become way to popular.

Cool write up. But if it was to be a functional wide body. I think quite easily Varis takes the cake!

Agreed, in terms of function Varis will always be #1 but sometimes the look of your car changes the entire way you feel about it. I'm a function over form guy MOST of the time, but sometimes you have to make an exception.

The RB does have some decent aero on the V2 with the front diffuser, it's functional to some extent.

Jason@DSG 07-28-2014 04:17 PM

In any case, the story behind the RB was pretty amazing and we wanted to do a little write-up on it just because we were really impressed with it

Jason@DSG 07-30-2014 12:34 PM

We're going to have a Tommy Kaira blog out soon which is full of really awesome facts that I didn't even know about them. Look for it next week!

Timmy_Jones 07-30-2014 12:54 PM

RB Kit with any paint or even plasti-dip to hide the rivets and no spoiler, is a winner.

CAMBAM_6 07-30-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones (Post 1873336)
RB Kit with any paint or even plasti-dip to hide the rivets and no spoiler, is a winner.

I actually like the rivet look, and the spoiler will be needed if they are building a race car

Jason@DSG 07-30-2014 04:05 PM

To each their own, it really depends on what you want the end result to be. With Advan tires with the white writing, roll cage, etc. the rivet look is perfect -- pure function and race appeal.

Otherwise, getting a really seamless look is awesome with a duckbill trunk and nice rims with carbon accents all around the car -- show car look.

Pretty much works either way for me as long as you aren't mixing both :)

Timmy_Jones 07-31-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMBAM_6 (Post 1873775)
I actually like the rivet look, and the spoiler will be needed if they are building a race car

As long as we have made that distinction....that spoiler is absolutely not necessary on the street...you need a very capable car to take advantage of it.

I suppose the rivet look is more 'race car' but I still think a street car should be a bit more refined. Just my opinion.

Dezoris 07-31-2014 09:41 AM

If we put aesethtics aside for a moment its something that screams douchebag in the USA. Stick on panels placed on a car that produce B segment horsepower at the wheels just is stomach turning. If you are going to decorate a car like this it had better be faster than a Civic.