Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Anyone know of a place hiring? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55979)

Renegade21 01-18-2014 09:47 AM

Anyone know of a place hiring?

Don't know if this is the right spot for this, but if not, can an admin put in the right spot, please and thank you.

Hey there everyone,

I'm new to the NorCal area, living in Fairfield Area, and i was wondering if anyone knows of anyplace hiring. I just moved here and trying to get myself established.

Also, like to meet felling BRZ/FR-S owners to make new friends :)

Thanks in advance everyone!

-Ren

ZionsWrath 01-18-2014 09:48 AM

Good luck man. I know dat feel of not being able to find werk. :(

MObrz5 01-18-2014 11:54 AM

Put in a resume to tesla online bro!

BigFatFlip 01-18-2014 12:08 PM

What's your background?

Renegade21 01-18-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MObrz5 (Post 1460800)
Put in a resume to tesla online bro!

what is that site? I've honestly never heard of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatFlip (Post 1460819)
What's your background?

Mostly Retail and Valet.

but i am looking at entry level for the computer field. Trying to achieve my A+ Cert soon.

I'm not done with school yet, but my focus is computer sciences.

tysoNgwaNg 01-18-2014 04:23 PM

If you're down to commute, my store is hiring if you want to apply. It's the sprint store. PM me and I can give you more info.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

finch1750 01-18-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade21 (Post 1460904)

Mostly Retail and Valet.

but i am looking at entry level for the computer field. Trying to achieve my A+ Cert soon.

Im guessing hes talking about Tesla motors. They are hiring all the time as production is really ramped up.

B2FiNiTY 01-19-2014 07:26 PM

indeed.com

BRZChix 01-20-2014 01:12 AM

Quote:

Mostly Retail and Valet.

Do you code? what language? if u r in computer science, come to some meets cos there are a few owners who are software engineers. they might be able to guide u.

doggieboy09 01-20-2014 02:37 AM

Indeed.com got me the job that I currently have. Linkin also helps too because it helps you become searchable to recuiters. Personally I moved from Virginia to Sacramento working for a company based in Livermore. Quit the Livermore gig and later got a temp job in West Sac. Then when I got released from that temp job I pretty much decided to get out Sacramento and move in the bay area because that's where everything is. That pretty much describes my working history for 2013.

I also go to school, for electrical engineering. But your major, computer sciences is the cat's meow of the workforce in silicon valley.

Come on down for one our meets and network with the locals so you can find out what you can do.

I'm also guessing you're a vet with that Winston Churchill quote.

argonaddict 01-20-2014 03:35 AM

teslamotors.com we are hiring hundreds of people right now. on a side note you've never heard of tesla?

Quote:

Mostly Retail and Valet.

ProTekk 01-20-2014 03:53 AM

If you're interested in security engineering, PM me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Renegade21 01-20-2014 10:25 AM

I'm still getting my feet wet with coding. all i have under my belt is intro to C. not even C++. I'm planning to retake the course here because it includes C++. I plan to come out to the next meet. I may just find a part time job at a retail store to kill time while I get more. I have LinkedIn but not enough, in my opinion to get an entry level computer job. I was going to apply at Best Buy, but there wasn't any openings at Geek Squad.

also i'm no vet, but my family is. Gotta show my love and respect for them.

ZionsWrath 01-20-2014 10:30 AM

GL man, hope you don't lose your car while waiting to land a job. Can't see retail being able to pay rent, living expenses, and a car note :(