Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Florida Cop Tasers Cuffed Girl Who Became Braindead As A Result (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50314)

Anthony 10-30-2013 01:02 PM

Florida Cop Tasers Cuffed Girl Who Became Braindead As A Result

Source: http://politicalblindspot.com/florida-cop-tasers-cuffed-girl-now-shes-braindead/

Remember, no religion or politics. That being said, readyyyyyy GO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by politicalblindspot.com
http://politicalblindspot.com/wp-con...13/10/coma.jpg

A Florida police officer, 267-pound Trooper Daniel Cole, was recently cleared of any wrongdoing by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Questions were raised when he tasered a 20 year old handcuffed girl in the back as she fled. The tasering was caught on video showing officer Cole firing the taser at the handcuffed Danielle Maudsley. Maudsley was a mere 100 pound, while Cole outweighed her at two and a half times her weight. She was clearly no threat to him, unless he expected to die from exhaustion chasing her a few yards.

The encounter took place last September at the FHP Pinellas Park Substation. As Maudsley fled, the tasering prevented her from catching herself as her muscles involuntarily seized up. As a result, she fell to the concrete, and bashed her head. She suffered severe brain damage and has been in a persistent vegetative state ever since.

The video below shows Maudsley fleeing a back door of the substation with officer Cole following closely behind, with absolutely no need to taser her. It is clear that he only did this to inflict physical punishment on the small 20 year old.

Cop tasers handcuffed girl and now she is braindead! - YouTube

“What were you thinking? What are you, stupid?,” Cole can be heard asking Maudsley on the video.
“I can’t get up,” said Maudsley.
“I don’t want you to get up,” said Cole.
“I can’t get up,” Maudsley said again. The last words Maudsley has spoken since being tasered.

Maudsley’s mother said Cole should have used other means besides the taser to stop her daughter. “He was right behind her. He could’ve reached out,” Maudsley observed. “It was unnecessary.”

Defense attorney Kevin Haylsett was hired to pursue charges against the department. Hayslett said Cole violated his department’s taser policy which says clearly that “Fleeing cannot be the sole reason for the deployment” of the taser. “When you shoot someone in the back, and they’re running away, all that force — as you saw when Danielle’s head hit the concrete — that’s why they don’t allow you to do that, because you can have horrible tragedies like this,” Hayslett explained.

Maudsley’s mother said early on that the prognosis is not good for her daughter. Maudsley remained in a Fort Lauderdale rehab center which specializes in severe brain injuries and remained in a vegetative state until she died last month.

SPREAD THE WORD about this POLICE ABUSE of power. These rogue cops can only get away with these abuses if we allow them to!

(Article by James Achisa)

sklimo 10-30-2013 01:20 PM

Barnie Fife would not approve.

Being serious Fucked up situation all the way around.

Anthony 10-30-2013 01:21 PM

Barney Fife would've just caught her. You know who outruns Barney Fife?

That's right. Fuckin' no one.

sklimo 10-30-2013 01:23 PM

But he couldn't even catch Otis

Anthony 10-30-2013 01:24 PM

Otis is super human. Doesn't count. Plus he has that horse...

sklimo 10-30-2013 01:33 PM

Otis for Pres

RRnold 10-30-2013 02:12 PM

As much as I want to feel sorry for her, it's a no brainer (no pun intended) that she shouldn't have ran.

zoomzoomers 10-30-2013 02:25 PM

My initial reaction to reading this sad story is that the cop should have or could have used other means, but he didn't. Why? Because she gave him the reason by running. It's a sad story all around, but like another poster said, you give a cop any reason and they will.

Speedy000 10-30-2013 03:16 PM

sucks to suck.
:( poor girl.

sklimo 10-30-2013 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I may be a total asshole but all I see is this

Attachment 55912

EDIT: Just googled myself. Complete Asshole :lol:

Steve201brz 10-30-2013 03:29 PM

He tazered her just to make his job easier. Not justified.

radroach 10-30-2013 04:01 PM

It's perhaps because of mishaps like this that cops in my state don't carry tasers, there's too many variables for its use in enforcement and in how effective or damaging they can be.

UltraFRS 10-30-2013 05:12 PM

Here's my take on it...

Don't break the law, don't fight police, don't run from the police.

Having worked in law enforcement for the last 6 years I see nothing wrong with what he did. The taser is a tool. I have had people run from me and other officers before we had tasers and there is a high probability of getting hurt running after someone, taking them to the ground, and fighting them. Which could be a reason why he used it.

I know about this because I recently got into a fight with a guy and was injured.

Now let's say she continued to run and ran into the street and was hit by car, then people would be saying why didn't he use his taser to stop her.

Her cuffs were in front of her. I don't know if the officer did that or if she got them from behind her back. That makes it more of a problem if she wants to fight. As stated above, if he tackled her and took her to the ground and the same thing could have happened, or worse, or nothing. That's the chance she took when she decided to run.

It's a sad situation, but she brought it on herself. Like I said, don't break the law, don't fight or run from the police and you'll be fine.