Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements / Questions / Issues (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Classifieds Section Etiquette (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3737)

Guff 02-15-2012 04:31 PM

Classifieds Section Etiquette

So, I figured that since we are starting up this section for selling things, there should be rules that are outlined. I just pulled this from Supraforums because they have a very good For Sale section that is very organized.

Hachi, Ichi, and Wings, you're more than welcome to tell me I'm dumb and that we don't need this, I just think it will be helpful.

So firstly, you must fill this out:

-What is your First & Last name?:
-What is your email? (Optional):
-What is your phone number? (Optional) :
-What is your City? :
-What is your State? :
-What is your Zipcode? :

...and put it at the beginning of your thread. Along with that, make sure you put an accurate description and some pictures!

Secondly, you shouldn't post in a thread unless you are actually inquiring about the item because you have a genuine interest in the item.

Thirdly, You can only bump once a day (Mods, you can change this up if you want).

Fourthly, if you have post count of less than 20, forget it! You must have a post count of 20+ to get approval.

Fifthly, you must put have your screen name and date in your picture set, so that we can verify that it is indeed your item.

Sixthly, you must state whether or not you are willing to ship. Listing an item with a price for the item+shipping is very helpful for potential buyers!

Any violation of the rules will result in the revocation of your Zx6, or at least a ban.

And that's all! ModBros, if you like what you see, make it a sticky! If not, then I guess you can modify/delete it...

blur 02-15-2012 05:33 PM

Guff the wannabe mod lol

Ryuu0u 02-15-2012 05:35 PM

You should probably also have something around 50+ post before you can even post in the classifieds. That way we can keep some scammers among other things out.

ichitaka05 02-15-2012 05:42 PM

^50 is a bit too much. I'll let WoW & Hachi know and let Hachi decide the rule on Classification

chulooz 02-15-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuu0u (Post 134759)
You should probably also have something around 50+ post before you can even post in the classifieds. That way we can keep some scammers among other things out.

50 is way to many, then you will get people posting non-sense so they can sell tow hooks here. But a post minimum is a good idea, like 5. This section will need to be strictly modded for rice infractions. :barf:

Guff 02-15-2012 05:49 PM

Supraforums has a 2 year/200 post requirement, but that's a bit too much.

Maybe 10?

And yeah! I'll be mod when I want to be. When there's actual moderating to do, I'm out! :bonk:

RRnold 02-15-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guff (Post 134724)
So, I figured that since we are starting up this section for selling things, there should be rules that are outlined. I just pulled this from Supraforums because they have a very good For Sale section that is very organized.

Hachi, Ichi, and Wings, you're more than welcome to tell me I'm dumb and that we don't need this, I just think it will be helpful.

So firstly, you must fill this out:

-What is your First & Last name?:
-What is your email?:
-What is your phone number? :
-What is your City? :
-What is your State? :
-What is your Zipcode? :

...and put it at the beginning of your thread.

Secondly, you shouldn't post in a thread unless you are actually inquiring about the item because you have a genuine interest in the item.

Thirdly, You can only bump once a week (Mods, you can change this up if you want).

Fourthly, you must get approval from Hachiroku, Ichitaka05, or WingsOfWar before starting a for sale thread. (This isn't necessary but it does sometimes work to keep known crooks out of the Classifieds)

Any violation of the rules will result in the revocation of your Zx6, or at least a ban.

And that's all! Mod Bros, if you like what you see, make it a sticky! If not, then I guess you can delete it...

ZX6 should only be referenced when talking about a Kawi... :sigh: :bellyroll:

I think 20 posts should be enough. Also pictures of what you're selling should be included. I know on the Tacoma forum, it's manditory.

OrbitalEllipses 02-15-2012 06:57 PM

Thread title with Location, FS/WTB/FT, and item. I personally like the way NASIOC has it, though the classifieds move REAL quick. Bump once a day is appropriate IMO.

S2kphile 02-15-2012 06:59 PM

Handle name in picture of item selling
Date included when posting in thread

Bumping thread only after 24hours has passed

Dave-ROR 02-15-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chulooz (Post 134767)
50 is way to many, then you will get people posting non-sense so they can sell tow hooks here. But a post minimum is a good idea, like 5. This section will need to be strictly modded for rice infractions. :barf:

While 50 may be too many, 5 is too few. You think someone will post nonsense 50 times to sell tow hooks here but they won't if it's just 5? At least 50 will deter the more lazy ones.

I'd go with 25 myself.

I wouldn't be surprised with a paid membership type deal like DIYMA (well it's mixed, you can post without being a member but have to meet post requirements), S2KI, etc.

Otherwise, I will never post my phone number publically anywhere to sell something. I have no problem providing it in PM, even if the buyer wants it in advance but I'm not going to give my cell number to everyone that easily.

Other requirements IMO, your location, you must OWN the item you are selling (ie no 'selling for a friend'), must be willing to ship unless it's a large item, no links to your FS ad elsewhere, bump only if your thread is off the first page (or 2).

ft86Fan 02-15-2012 07:41 PM

I would like to see two Classifieds Section. One only allows FR-S/BRZ related items and the other one can be any car related items like driving shoes and racing apparels.

Dave-ROR 02-15-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ft86Fan (Post 134843)
I would like to see two Classifieds Section. One only allows FR-S/BRZ related items and the other one can be any car related items like driving shoes and racing apparels.

In my car specific forum I do three. Integra Type-R Cars only, Integra Type-R Parts, and non-ITR items which can be whatever. I doubt this will be big enough to justify breaking it out more than that.

fito68 02-15-2012 09:40 PM

I think thats a little too much guff. it should be simple.

Firstly the post count limit should be at least 5 no more then 10

When starting a new thread the following is needed:

[FS][FT][WTB](TITLE OF THREAD)

people selling should have description and picture with SN and date.

keep it simple and easy.

Repyt 02-15-2012 10:21 PM

Almost every car forum I've been a part of has been a min of 50 posts max of 200. Utilizing the format above. And SN & date in the picture. I must say I feel like the car is getting closer and closer, can't wait to see how active these for sale forums are in the next couple of years!