Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Who Ordered the ARK GRiP or DTS exhaust? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19726)

Invalid 10-14-2012 02:11 AM

Who Ordered the ARK GRiP or DTS exhaust?

Just placed an order for mine, Can't wait to get them on. It was between this or Fujitsubo. I know there are a couple of testers floating around on here. Any more info you guys can give us?

20valvewynn83 10-14-2012 02:34 AM

What type of info are you looking for? I love the exhaust and highly recommend ARK. I have the very 1st order. Purchased the system last month but I have already the system on my car. I am on a ARK YouTube video for them

Invalid 10-14-2012 12:02 PM

How is the freeway driving. i do about 40 miles one way everyday and its mostly freeway driving.

bgibbsunc 10-14-2012 02:55 PM

I ordered the Grip when modsbargain sold the 5 on preorder. It is supposed to be here at the end of this month.

20valvewynn83 10-14-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invalid (Post 496106)
How is the freeway driving. i do about 40 miles one way everyday and its mostly freeway driving.

It depends on personal preferences. The grip is best for long drives due to lower volume tone. The DTS is louder (aggressive). I still like it somewhat loud but I decided to go with the grip and test pipe so its not too loud. Also so you know at idle you can't even tell you have an exhaust. Only loud when you get on it.

20valvewynn83 10-14-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgibbsunc (Post 496288)
I ordered the Grip when modsbargain sold the 5 on preorder. It is supposed to be here at the end of this month.

Yes they should get shipment delivered to them on the 18th and will dyon it before others get their system sent out.

xravexboix 10-15-2012 12:19 PM

I'm working with ARK and we'll have the dyno sheets up once the container is in. We'll be using Meng's Hot Lava FR-S for the sessions since he's still on stock wheels.

The DTS design has changed slightly compared to the prototypes, so it will be quieter, but we won't see (or hear) the differences until the container arrives.

We'll get some feedback up once we have it :)

xxscaxx 10-15-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20valvewynn83 (Post 496413)
It depends on personal preferences. The grip is best for long drives due to lower volume tone. The DTS is louder (aggressive). I still like it somewhat loud but I decided to go with the grip and test pipe so its not too loud. Also so you know at idle you can't even tell you have an exhaust. Only loud when you get on it.

did you hear the DTS with just a catback only or with a test pipe?

I'm so on the fence on which I should go for. I like the fact the GRIP is quieter overall (better for my area and law enforcement), but I don't mind a nice sounding exhaust. I just don't want it to rattle my brain out lol.

bluecollarfrs 10-15-2012 12:30 PM

Dang, I ordered the DTS from Modsbargain. Definitely didn't want to hear that it is going to be quieter.

20valvewynn83 10-15-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxscaxx (Post 497901)
did you hear the DTS with just a catback only or with a test pipe?

I'm so on the fence on which I should go for. I like the fact the GRIP is quieter overall (better for my area and law enforcement), but I don't mind a nice sounding exhaust. I just don't want it to rattle my brain out lol.

Yes I had both systems on my car Grip and DTS. Cat back only no test pipe due to time constraints. Really both sound great but the DTS was louder then my cup of tea because I knew I was getting the teat pipe and that would make it just too loud for me. If the system has changed I would love to see the difference in sound. I'm sure its still more aggressive. Either way the DTS didn't rattle my brain lol but if you do long road trips it may get annoying IMO.

xravexboix 10-15-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecollarfrs (Post 497903)
Dang, I ordered the DTS from Modsbargain. Definitely didn't want to hear that it is going to be quieter.

Depends on which person you talk to. I've heard the 3" version (original design prototype). Not sure if anyone has the 2.5" prototype version though.

20valvewynn83 10-15-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecollarfrs (Post 497903)

I'm sure you wont be disappointed. The DTS is still designed to be the aggressive system out of the two and the grip still has an aggressive tone to it. Plus you can buy the test pipe for performance and sound

20valvewynn83 10-15-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xravexboix (Post 497941)
Depends on which person you talk to. I've heard the 3" version (original design prototype). Not sure if anyone has the 2.5" prototype version though.

The prototype was a 2.5" piping. They had just unwrapped the exhaust when we put it on my car. I was the first car to have the prototype on. Unless they.sent another prototype a few days later.

bluecollarfrs 10-15-2012 12:49 PM

Edit: Would a Nameless downpipe with high flow cat fit instead of a test pipe? Have to have cats in VA for the state inspection.