Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anyone with experience with Zeknova tires? Supersport RS (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154265)

CBRZY 12-05-2023 12:31 AM

Anyone with experience with Zeknova tires? Supersport RS

Someone is selling a set of Zeknova Supersport RS tires for $200, so the price is attractive to me.
TW: 240AA

They're staggered 245/40/18 and 255/35/18

I've never heard of Zeknova, but it seems they are marketed towards drifting.

I need a set for daily driving since my RS4s are basically bald now.
Anyone have experience with them?

As a Daily? As a twice-a-year track tire?

Get them? Or keep looking?

I live in California so not worried about low temps or snow.....for now...

cmiovino 12-07-2023 10:18 AM

I have zero experience with these tires, however if I was in your shoes, I'd stick to someone more name brand. Continental, Hankook, Michelin, etc. Tires make or break a car, so putting interior tires on to save a few bucks can really mess with how the car handles and rides.

If in 245/40/18 just as an example, if these are $200 for some off brand, I'd much rather have the Continental ECS for $219 for a dual daily tires you could track here and there.

Even the Falken 615K+ is a good track learner tire that's going to wear like iron and do daily usage well. $195 in that size. I'd personally still pony up the extra ~$25 each and go for the ECS, but that is $100 extra. I'd get the 615K+ over these Zeknovs for sure though.

autoracer86 12-08-2023 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmiovino (Post 3597903)
I have zero experience with these tires, however if I was in your shoes, I'd stick to someone more name brand. Continental, Hankook, Michelin, etc. Tires make or break a car, so putting interior tires on to save a few bucks can really mess with how the car handles and rides.

If in 245/40/18 just as an example, if these are $200 for some off brand, I'd much rather have the Continental ECS for $219 for a dual daily tires you could track here and there.

Even the Falken 615K+ is a good track learner tire that's going to wear like iron and do daily usage well. $195 in that size. I'd personally still pony up the extra ~$25 each and go for the ECS, but that is $100 extra. I'd get the 615K+ over these Zeknovs for sure though.

I think he would be buying all 4 four $200. Not $200 each but I could be wrong.

Assuming its $200 for all 4 I would say go for it but just know if they don't work out you will be plus $200 on whatever you buy to replace it.

Buy once cry once :cry: