Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My Scion FRS won't start anymore (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152583)

iamwill9 02-18-2023 09:54 AM

My Scion FRS won't start anymore

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone!
My Scion FRS won't start anymore

I recently bought my Scion Frs 2013 and everything was going great, until I sent it to the paint shop where they also changed the lights, it was there for a few weeks and they disconnected the battery. When the car was delivered to me, everything was going great and it also looked like new, but when I got home an explosion was heard and the entire electronic system went out, as did the engine, so I just tightened the loose battery terminals and it came back. to function normally and store the vehicle for a few days in the garage.

In the following days I wanted to go out for a walk around the city but the engine stopped instantly so I took it to the workshop where they disassembled the entire intake butterfly, fuel pump and injectors and everything was in perfect condition for what they assumed to be an electronic problem. Until today we do not know what is happening to the car and in the reports that have been made, all the following codes have come out (attached in the photos). I have been from workshop to workshop, taking it by crane and no one has been able to solve the problem.

I would appreciate if someone can help me with my Scion Frs so that I can start you again without any problem !!!

(The battery I had died so I already bought a fresh new battery with the power I would need)

soundman98 02-18-2023 10:35 AM

an explosion?

check all the fuses. there's also 2 on the positive battery terminal that need to be checked.

but i'm more concerned with the reason that anything exploded in the first place.

Ultramaroon 02-18-2023 03:42 PM

Hola y bienvenido a foro. I will guess that one main issue is the cause for all these codes.

What popped? (explosion)

Ultramaroon 02-18-2023 04:18 PM

Start with codes for one major system. For instance, your VSC is dead. Why? Power?

We should solve the problem for only that. I guarantee that it will lead to many, if not all the others.

x808drifter 02-19-2023 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3569201)
Hola y bienvenido a foro. I will guess that one main issue is the cause for all these codes.

What popped? (explosion)

That

Dake 02-19-2023 10:14 AM

Yeah - something shorted somewhere (exposed wire chaffing?), and/or a fuse or relay blew. If you actually heard the pop, it's a big one and you should be able to find evidence of scorching somewhere. Heck, you probably should have been able to smell it if it was inside the cabin.

Tcoat 02-19-2023 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamwill9 (Post 3569182)
where they also changed the lights,

What lights did they put in? I would start there.

Falkon240 02-19-2023 08:12 PM

Probably the alternator fuse popped. Maybe the battery wires got crossed somehow.

JD001 02-20-2023 12:24 PM

Did change the colour by any chance? Some colours are prone to static display.

Ultramaroon 02-20-2023 04:24 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/Appropriat...restricted.gif

Grady 02-21-2023 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3569387)

I have gotten to the point of not answering questions of one posters. It seems to always be a drive by post.

Tcoat 02-21-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grady (Post 3569483)
I have gotten to the point of not answering questions of one posters. It seems to always be a drive by post.

Especially since they logged in the next day but never responded to a single question.

Ultramaroon 02-21-2023 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grady (Post 3569483)

I've become jaded about giving troubleshooting advice in general. People will post up a video taken from inside the cabin before even considering popping the hood.

"Hey, fam. Anyone else have this problem?"

Um, no, because I live in the real world, not my phone. :/

Tcoat 02-21-2023 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3569521)
I've become jaded about giving troubleshooting advice in general. People will post up a video taken from inside the cabin before even considering popping the hood.

"Hey, fam. Anyone else have this problem?"

Um, no, because I live in the real world, not my phone. :/

Be one hell of a phone!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...qS6yw&usqp=CAU