Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anyone have experience with Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139181)

B-R-Z 02-29-2020 10:00 PM

Anyone have experience with Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS?

My Pilot Super Sports are due for replacement on my 18's and I am no longer going to swap between aftermarket and stock wheels at the change of seasons so I want to go with all seasons instead of summers on my aftermarket wheels.

Trying to keep the cost of tires down since I am likely selling the car within the next few months. The RE980AS come in at $687 shipped.

Thanks

bhmax 03-01-2020 08:04 PM

The only AS tires I’ve liked are actually an older version of that Bridgestone, and an older Michelin Pilot Sport AS. Can’t speak to snow driving, as I was more concerned about cold, wet driving where I live. For comparison, I never liked the cornering feel of the original Continental DWS.

bhmax 03-01-2020 08:07 PM

Also, the next time I need an AS tire, I’m thinking about the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate. Tire Rack’s testing shows it really impressive in the wet.

B-R-Z 03-06-2020 06:51 PM

I ended up going with the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+, getting them put on tomorrow. They were the most expensive ones, but not by a whole lot, $829 shipped.

T-Steve 06-14-2020 12:53 PM

I got some Goodyear Exhilarates a month ago on the stock wheels. They are MUCH better than the worn-out OEM Primacies. Since I live in the PNW I wanted to get really good rain tires.

The Exhilarates ARE really good in the rain - actually too good because I can't break the rear of the car loose easily at all any more. Oh well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhmax (Post 3304095)
Also, the next time I need an AS tire, I’m thinking about the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate. Tire Rack’s testing shows it really impressive in the wet.

bhmax 06-14-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Steve (Post 3340942)
I got some Goodyear Exhilarates a month ago on the stock wheels. They are MUCH better than the worn-out OEM Primacies. Since I live in the PNW I wanted to get really good rain tires.

The Exhilarates ARE really good in the rain - actually too good because I can't break the rear of the car loose easily at all any more. Oh well.

Thanks for the info. I’m actually thinking about getting some soon for the stock BRZ wheels to use on a WRX. For anyone else looking, it’s a $200 rebate right now if you use a Goodyear credit card.

churchx 06-21-2020 02:57 PM

Joined this month, and both only posts about that tire in copy-paste-marketing-speak .. no, i'm certainly not slightest bit suspicious. :)

bhmax 06-21-2020 03:21 PM

No joke. I’m not that familiar with Falken tires, but it looks like that’s an older model and possibly not even an all season as discussed here.

soundman98 06-21-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deewelch (Post 3342824)
You should check this Falken Tires because it defines the ultra high-performance tire. Falken Tires optimal performance FK452 is available in diameters, 16" – 24" and staggered widths, allowing it to become versatile and resourceful. Five linear ribs and three-dimensional rounded tread blocks offer precise handling response. With Falken Tires FK452 new silica compound and multi-angled grooves, the grip is significantly improved in the wet, while tire wear resistance is kept to a minimum.

i'm not even going to remove the link. because it's hilarious that you're linking us to offroad truck tires. for a sports car.