Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Gauguing Interest: Summer Driving Tour, Southern OH (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127659)

HunterGreene 05-15-2018 10:40 AM

Gauguing Interest: Summer Driving Tour, Southern OH

I think its safe to say that the weather is finally taking a turn for the Warmer. I just got new tires a month ago and I am ready to have a little fun and see the sights, namely around the fun and twisty roads that make up parts of southeast Ohio.

This is the route: https://goo.gl/maps/fJZNmAf6Tq82

So, who's interested? Timewise, sometime in July would be ideal for me, preferably a Saturday over a Sunday. We can definitely expect this to encompass at least half a day, a full day for some of us that have to drive to and from the route.

Tcoat 05-15-2018 11:08 AM

Depending on when it is I would consider joining in. Be at least a two day trip for me though since it is about a 6 hour drive to get around the lake.

RallySTI 05-15-2018 12:10 PM

Have you driven that route before ?

I am ashamed to say for living in Ohio for almost 30 years I have not explored south east Ohio much outsides of the Hocking/Athens area.

finch1750 05-15-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3087124)
Depending on when it is I would consider joining in. Be at least a two day trip for me though since it is about a 6 hour drive to get around the lake.

Are there any large meets you don't attend?

BigTuna 05-15-2018 12:47 PM

I'd be down, as would a few others from the Cincy area

j3rf 05-15-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTuna (Post 3087174)

Same here, I would be interested in joining.

HunterGreene 05-15-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallySTI (Post 3087150)
Have you driven that route before ?

I am ashamed to say for living in Ohio for almost 30 years I have not explored south east Ohio much outsides of the Hocking/Athens area.

Yes, I have. It really is a blast, plus along Rt 26 there are a couple of covered bridges right off the road that are fantastic for a photo-op.

It has been about 2 years since I last tried it, and any reports I have had from the area say that the road conditions are at least good. Weather down there usually isn't as intense during the winter, so the roads dont see quite as much wear-and-tear as they do up here in the frozen north.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTuna (Post 3087174)

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3rf (Post 3087196)
Same here, I would be interested in joining.

:thumbup:

Tcoat 05-15-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finch1750 (Post 3087152)
Are there any large meets you don't attend?

Yep. Haven't been to one in Toronto yet.

AnUnusedUsername 05-15-2018 09:28 PM

I might actually consider this, although it'd be a pretty long day for me (driving from and back to Columbus). Depends on when it is and what else I'm doing that weekend, so a 'definite' maybe.

HunterGreene 05-16-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnUnusedUsername (Post 3087435)
I might actually consider this, although it'd be a pretty long day for me (driving from and back to Columbus). Depends on when it is and what else I'm doing that weekend, so a 'definite' maybe.

I'll be coming from Cleveland, when we've done this before I've left mid-morning, gotten to the meetup spot a little before lunch, done the drive (with stops), headed home from Zanesville, and been home in time for dinner.

angadam 05-18-2018 08:56 AM

I would be in for this depending on which weekend.

slipdog 05-22-2018 03:41 PM

I'm a solid maybe.

yelsew 05-22-2018 04:11 PM

I'd be into joining. It's not too far from northeast Ohio, and I see at least another coming from my area. Not too many great driving roads out this way anyways, especially compared to growing up on the east coast where every back road is a great twisty one through the woods.

HunterGreene 05-22-2018 05:03 PM

I think there is definitely enough interest to justify planning this. I will try to get some tentative dates together over the next week--this one has been hell for me. Sick kids, surprise inspections, and a guy getting shot outside of my place a work.

I will say right now that July 7th and 14th are out, and I will be leaning heavily towards Saturdays, which leaves us with the 21st and 28th.