Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Sold the BRZ for a wild ride! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108600)

Burrcold 07-19-2016 07:47 PM

Sold the BRZ for a wild ride!

Had to sell the BRZ today. It was sad, but I still have it for a few more weeks. The new car...drum roll...2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature in "Machine Gray". Lol it's actually pretty nice for a big honking SUV. Turbo 4 with 310 ft lbs tq. Anyways it's going to be my wife's car as we just found out we have a 3rd child on the way. I'm going to take her 2014 Accord Touring for 8 months and then pick up something fun for myself. Big question now is what to get! I honestly don't have the kind of budget anymore for something like the new "Supra" that's coming, but most likely something in the $35-50k range. I was thinking maybe an S3...I don't know. Any suggestions? Open to anything...sporty...luxury...combo of both...hatch, sedan, CUV, SUV.

Clipdat 07-19-2016 07:49 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.

Prmspen 07-19-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burrcold (Post 2708450)
Had to sell the BRZ today. It was sad, but I still have it for a few more weeks. The new car...drum roll...2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature in "Machine Gray". Lol it's actually pretty nice for a big honking SUV. Turbo 4 with 310 ft lbs tq. Anyways it's going to be my wife's car as we just found out we have a 3rd child on the way. I'm going to take her 2014 Accord Touring for 8 months and then pick up something fun for myself. Big question now is what to get! I honestly don't have the kind of budget anymore for something like the new "Supra" that's coming, but most likely something in the $35-50k range. I was thinking maybe an S3...I don't know. Any suggestions? Open to anything...sporty...luxury...combo of both...hatch, sedan, CUV, SUV.

I'll ask the obvious question: why didn't you sell the Accord?

Oh yeah, congratulations on kid 3.

Burrcold 07-19-2016 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prmspen (Post 2708461)
I'll ask the obvious question: why didn't you sell the Accord?

Oh yeah, congratulations on kid 3.

Thanks! And it's leased. The BRZ is paid off so it made sense.

Burrcold 07-19-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new2subaru (Post 2708467)
I'd get a Fr-s ;) :thumbup:

Umm no lol. Done with the twins for this generation.

olsonpg 07-19-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burrcold (Post 2708524)
Umm no lol. Done with the twins for this generation.

Traitor!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PvaC8eRNFW...+Angry+Mob.jpg

qitorr 07-19-2016 09:46 PM

My wife and I had our third child a little over a year ago and luckily we were in a position to add a third car, two we could all fit in, and keep the BRZ. I am driving the older car and have also been looking for a replacement in a year or two. Focus RS or even Mazda 3 five door if they end up putting the new 2.5L turbo form the new CX-9 in it.

qitorr 07-19-2016 09:47 PM

Oh, and congratulations.

Burrcold 07-19-2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qitorr (Post 2708549)
My wife and I had our third child a little over a year ago and luckily we were in a position to add a third car, two we could all fit in, and keep the BRZ. I am driving the older car and have also been looking for a replacement in a year or two. Focus RS or even Mazda 3 five door if they end up putting the new 2.5L turbo form the new CX-9 in it.

I could have kept it and had 3 cars as well but I sorta got the itch for new car shopping again when we were looking for the CX9. I'm looking forward to taking the next few months to decide on something for myself (while driving a super boring car). The new 2.5 turbo from the CX9 really is pretty awesome. It will be fantastic if Mazda puts in the 3 or even an upscale CX5 (maybe a Signature edition of that). I got to test drive the new Miata. Really nice interior (like all of the new Mazda's IMO) but I would never have traded the BRZ for it.

Sport-Tech 07-20-2016 03:54 AM

Golf R? By all accounts it handles better and is more involving to drive than the S3. And in Canada it's priced decently, several thousand less than the Focus RS. Hard to overlook those boxy lines though....

Sport-Tech 07-20-2016 03:58 AM

Curious - who buys a car and then lets someone else drive it for a few weeks before taking possession? Dealer? Close friend/relative?

Under most circumstances if I was the buyer I'd record the mileage and then have it stored until I picked it up.

Jen 07-20-2016 06:31 AM

WRX. That's my daily driver now. I love it like no other car I've owned.

Congratulations on the baby!

Burrcold 07-20-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport-Tech (Post 2708734)
Golf R? By all accounts it handles better and is more involving to drive than the S3. And in Canada it's priced decently, several thousand less than the Focus RS. Hard to overlook those boxy lines though....

I came from a 2011 GTi before the BRZ. I know the new GTI and R are completely different animals, but I wanted to move away from the VW (don't mind staying in the family though I.e Audi). Plus hitting just under $50k taxes in for a Golf (I know I know it's not just a Golf) is a hard pill to swallow.

Burrcold 07-20-2016 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport-Tech (Post 2708735)
Curious - who buys a car and then lets someone else drive it for a few weeks before taking possession? Dealer? Close friend/relative?

Under most circumstances if I was the buyer I'd record the mileage and then have it stored until I picked it up.

Dealers. They do it on almost every trade in unless they have the vehicle you ordered in inventory. It's the risk they take.