Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Who has had the longest wait so far? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22602)

Elgancho 11-19-2012 08:56 PM

Who has had the longest wait so far?

Tomorrow will be 7 months for me. ordered on April 20th and still don't have a VIN or ETA or CAR.

SWP Limited Manual in NC, btw.

anyone with a March order date still waiting?

:iono:

BRianZ 11-19-2012 09:42 PM

Ordered mine in May, delivery date is Dec. 3rd. So I'll be at 7 months by the time mine gets here.:mad0259:

dori. 11-19-2012 09:54 PM

well as far as longest wait from order to actually getting the car, I ordered March 3, got the car in the middle of August

swift996 11-20-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRianZ (Post 566009)
Ordered mine in May, delivery date is Dec. 3rd. So I'll be at 7 months by the time mine gets here.:mad0259:

I was told 11/21 - 12/3. Is this the same for you?

I have the VIN but no better intel. I wish people who made commission on your sale would work a little harder. If it were me I'd be working the phones to get some reliable information, not making any promises but at least get some color on where the car is. I have tracking on a $5 part moving across America. They should be able to tell you if it's on a truck in transit or still waiting to clear customs at a port.

Turbowned 11-20-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elgancho (Post 565931)
Tomorrow will be 7 months for me. ordered on April 20th and still don't have a VIN or ETA or CAR.

SWP Limited Manual in NC, btw.

anyone with a March order date still waiting?

:iono:

Do you have a VON at least?? I feel bad for you... they keep sending unsold units up here in New England instead of filling orders. That's really unfair, granted there are no SWP Ltd 6MT's up here either. When I worked for Audi we used to swap cars from as far out as Michegan, if it was necessary. These cars don't have quite as much mark-up so I'm not sure if your dealer would want to do it, but perhaps you could ask if they'd help you out with swapping one from N.E.? You'd hafta get a different color, maybe pay a little extra money for transport, but it means a faster, guaranteed sale for them and a car for you... I'm sure a dealer up here would be happy to swap out a BRZ for an Impreza or Crosstrek that they could sell much faster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swift996 (Post 566567)
I was told 11/21 - 12/3. Is this the same for you?

I have the VIN but no better intel. I wish people who made commission on your sale would work a little harder. If it were me I'd be working the phones to get some reliable information, not making any promises but at least get some color on where the car is. I have tracking on a $5 part moving across America. They should be able to tell you if it's on a truck in transit or still waiting to clear customs at a port.

In our (salespeople's) defense, Subaru's tracking system isn't that spectacular... When I worked for Audi we could see exactly where the car was, whether it was in pre-production, production, in transit, at the port, released to the carrier and on it's way to the dealer, and dealer delivered. It was all very accurate.

Subaru gives us VIN#'s, sometimes. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes we have "At Port" dates, sometimes not. It's not aided by the fact that the Impreza, XV Crosstrek, WRX/STi, and BRZ are all in extremely high demand and they literally cannot build any of them fast enough. We just got a notification that all BRZ orders placed after October are pushed to May. It's a 6 month wait for an STi or an Impreza with navigation. You can't order an XV Crosstrek or a Forester at all. So it's kind of tricky right now, to say the least.

ozne99 11-20-2012 09:27 AM

Ordered mine on day one back in March and got mine last week.

swift996 11-20-2012 09:50 AM

^^ I understand, but as employees you're empowered to demand better tools on behalf of your clients. Again, I just wish people worked harder for their clients. No knock on salespeople it's just when you're spending $30k on something, you expect a little communication/awareness. I typically have bought in the used market (this is only my 2nd of 13 cars I've bought new). Maybe I hang around too many bankers.

I began my career doing process improvement and developing "smarter" systems so I guess I just get irritated when I come across a business operating behind the times. No disrespect, just my frustration talking.

Do you know how much Subaru's supply chain was effected by the tsunami back in 2011?

I follow the U.S. sales volume numbers monthly. Looks like a surge in demand for Subaru's as some other manufactures sales figures are starting to wane.
(Year-Over-Year Increases in Sales Volume)
Oct +30%
Sep +36%
Aug +36%
Jul +16%
Jun +40%
May +48%
Apr +6%
Mar +20%

Turbowned 11-20-2012 09:56 AM

Oh believe me, I complain about it all the time. I hate being in the dark. I ordered a BRZ too, back in March. I was completely in the dark until the day my salesperson called me and told me it was going to be there in 5 days (This was in June - I had to decline the car). He literally did not know, either. The worst thing is to over-promise and under-deliver. Sometimes it's better to just say "I don't know but I will contact you as soon as I do".

To my understanding, Subaru hasn't fully recovered from the Tsunami. When I worked at Audi I worked with three guys who left the dealer I'm currently at because of the situation. They couldn't make a living having just 10 cars on the lot to sell. When I started here we still only had about 75 cars on the ground (supposed to be well over 100). No Imprezas, no WRXs, only a handful of Legacys... it's only just now starting to equalize.

ProTekk 11-20-2012 10:22 AM

I got lucky. ~24 hour wait.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ScottDRFT 11-20-2012 10:41 AM

I ordered mine beginning of April and they say the date should be Dec 3rd delivery.

Wesley 11-20-2012 10:54 AM

Ordered July 26th receiving tomorrow :,)

wallace03 11-20-2012 11:24 AM

Ordered June 12th and even was given August ETA. Which was pushed back to December. Still no Vin or confirmed ETA.

whaap 11-20-2012 11:34 AM

Give it up and go for a FR-S. I waited a little over two weeks. :)

Texas BRZ 11-20-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaap (Post 566779)
Give it up and go for a FR-S. I waited a little over two weeks. :)

Yup, same idea and result here...