Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Strange marks on paint, help me pls! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94440)

Zeezy 09-07-2015 12:09 AM

Strange marks on paint, help me pls!

2 Attachment(s)
I've got these marks on my door which have proven to be hard to remove. :cry:

So I'm hoping someone can help me get rid of them!

Edit: In the pictures you can see the two marks, I've just had my car washed and these two marks won't go away. I also have no clue what they are or how they were caused.

Thanks!

JB86'd 09-07-2015 01:38 AM

What have you tried using to remove them so far?

humfrz 09-07-2015 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeezy (Post 2382383)
I've got these marks on my door which have proven to be hard to remove. :cry:

So I'm hoping someone can help me get rid of them!

Edit: In the pictures you can see the two marks, I've just had my car washed and these two marks won't go away. I also have no clue what they are or how they were caused.

Thanks!

Hello Zeezy and WELCOME to ........ The Forum ........ :clap:

Well, first, I would wash the door with a liquid dish soap (like Joy) to remove all the old wax.

Then I would clay bar the door.

Then wash again.

Then apply a good wax and see if they disappear.

humfrz

Zeezy 09-07-2015 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB86'd (Post 2382423)
What have you tried using to remove them so far?

I've tried to get rid of them with instant detailer using a microfibre cloth, to no avail. I've also tried to use just water, but nothing seems to be working.

Zeezy 09-07-2015 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 2382424)
Hello Zeezy and WELCOME to ........ The Forum ........ :clap:

Well, first, I would wash the door with a liquid dish soap (like Joy) to remove all the old wax.

Then I would clay bar the door.

Then wash again.

Then apply a good wax and see if they disappear.

humfrz

THANKS!:thumbup:

I'll try what you suggested!

Turbo95eg6 09-07-2015 02:29 AM

Can't say I see it but try a cleaner wax with microfiber pad.

Zeezy 09-07-2015 03:02 AM

I just tried to wash and dry it. Using the gold class wash but it had no effect, the marks don't go away. it's really annoying! any other suggestions?

ZZT86 09-07-2015 07:14 AM

Is that the mark going across above the letterbox ?

You may need to try a soft cut polish preferably with an RO polisher - that could be under the clear coat & if so next to impossible to remove depending on how deep it goes.

Joyride86 09-07-2015 10:03 AM

Looks like you were a little aggressive in cleaning the edge of the panels. I think I see really light scuffs but it's hard to make out in the pictures. Instant detailer has no correcting ability. I would try a polish first and work your way up to a compound. Don't keep going in an up and down motion when applying polish.

humfrz 09-07-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeezy (Post 2382460)
I just tried to wash and dry it. Using the gold class wash but it had no effect, the marks don't go away. it's really annoying! any other suggestions?

Well, now Zeezy, the "gold class wash" won't take off the old wax ..... which was the objective of the dish soap.

The idea is to take off any old wax, then clay bar the panel to remove any imperfections, then wax to see if the streak went away.

Plan B would be to follow @Joyride86 's suggestion of using a light polishing compound.

humfrz

zman 09-07-2015 05:17 PM

Same thing happened to my bumper when I used the pressure washer.. I tried everything it won't come off so best to just ignore it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poodles 09-07-2015 10:55 PM

Looks like scuffing that needs to be polished out.