Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   TSB Chirping (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21129)

ngabdala 10-31-2012 03:32 PM

TSB Chirping

I brought my car in for it's first oil change at the dealership and let them know I have the chirping.

It honestly doesn't bother me but they showed me the Subaru TSB for the fix. I decided I would have them fix the problem anyways. I'm bringing it in tomorrow morning and they said I'd be able to pick it up Friday evening.

I'm going to miss my BRZ. I'm kind of a perfectionist so even though my car runs perfectly my instinct is to have it fixed anyways.

I remember Toyota announced a TSB for the fix and at the time Subaru didn't have one.

I'm posting just to let anyone know that didn't know already that you can now have the chirping fixed under warranty.

King Tut 10-31-2012 05:35 PM

Let us know if they fix it. I can definitely hear mine chirping with the window down, but I am still convinced it is normal.

avholic 10-31-2012 10:51 PM

It takes 2 hours to replace the hpfp. They're going to have fun with your car for 2days. I would never leave my brz with the dealer. The day I had my oil change a kid tech told me how good an automatic Brz drove on the highway. And they only sold 3 Brzs, all WRB, 2 manuals, 1 automatic. I'm sure they took turns test driving the auto before the customer picked it up, coz very few kids know stick nowadays. Just saying. Oh btw, my dealer honored the scion chirp tsb.

ScionKid 11-02-2012 09:19 AM

My part is on order they said when it comes in I take it to them and I could stay while they replace it... The techs at my dealer were nice and pretty much let me watch them diagnose the problem... I told them about the TSB and they gave me a hard time but honored it after they had confimation through Scion... So in the next few weeks hopefully before I store my car for the winter they have the HPFP in... :)

MSTiFK8R 11-02-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngabdala (Post 531020)
I brought my car in for it's first oil change at the dealership and let them know I have the chirping.

It honestly doesn't bother me but they showed me the Subaru TSB for the fix. I decided I would have them fix the problem anyways. I'm bringing it in tomorrow morning and they said I'd be able to pick it up Friday evening.

I'm going to miss my BRZ. I'm kind of a perfectionist so even though my car runs perfectly my instinct is to have it fixed anyways.

I remember Toyota announced a TSB for the fix and at the time Subaru didn't have one.

I'm posting just to let anyone know that didn't know already that you can now have the chirping fixed under warranty.

detailed topic here
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...99&postcount=1

Chimpo 11-02-2012 10:36 AM

I thought I read the noise is fuel aeration within the pump and it doesn't have a detrimental affect on either the HPFP or the engine? Unless it's making your ears ring, why have car surgery? I understand the customer's concept of "quality = no noise", but noise doesn't always mean bad for the life of a part/equipment. What about the driveline bump/clunk when you shift? What about the trans gear noise? I find both of these more intrusive on a daily basis than the chirping.

I guess in the end, I'd personally rather live with a mild noise than have a dealer start tearing parts off. THAT'S when you risk things going wrong.

Sorry for the rant. :D

jarviz 11-02-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngabdala (Post 531020)

I heard the chirping just comes back after a while so why bother? I'm just gonna wait/hope they come up with a permanent fix. Why couldn't the chirping noise be more of a low growling v-10 sound haha

ngabdala 11-02-2012 08:16 PM

Got my car back today. They didn't fix anything. They have no idea when the parts would come in.

Either way I'm glad the bastards didn't touch my car

TRD_86 11-02-2012 08:47 PM

Car run perfect no complaining. I wouldn't let the mechanic experiment my car for few days as the moment like a "rookie mechanic" out there. Let's the dealer train their own local mechanic on their own car for a while, got parts in-house, know what they're doing. It's just a HPFP ..... I take it in whenever next year is ok.

blu_ 11-02-2012 08:55 PM

Yeah Im living with the chirp for a while until its 100% chance it will be fixed.

DanoFA20 11-04-2012 10:04 PM

I think ill do the same i mean our warrantees wont run out in 5 months so if it takes the winter to find the repair ill wait i just want to finish the 1000 mile break in before the snow drops.

im at 325 since thursday i give excuses to myself to drive around the area just to get it done with also to see if ill develop the dreaded CEL idle shake. i hope not , i hope my car got passed the earlier issues. they just got it off the delivery boat 2 days before i took delivery.