Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements / Questions / Issues (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Reporting Spam (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5846)

ichitaka05 05-07-2012 06:20 PM

Reporting Spam

K, this is an idea. If everyone follows it, great! Of there's an problem with this idea, spill it out, so we can work it out.

I'm receiving 6~20 email reporting me about spam on this site. I go here to delete the first spam. Now clicking on next email, it's a same spam notification that I've deleted and banned. so out of 6~20 email notification about spam, it's only 1~3 spam/s. Now, I really do appreciate all the spam notification from the member (really do), cuz I can't get to all the threads & IDK how Hachi can kept it up!

Now for my idea. If anyone see any spam thread just post "Reported" and just report it spam, so other ppl can see that this been reported instead of figuring out someone reported or not.

That should cut decent amount of report of spams.

Good idea? Bad idea? This is you guys forum, I'm just here to help Hachi clean this site free of spams :D

old greg 05-07-2012 06:24 PM

I'll try to do so in the future.

Guff 05-07-2012 06:35 PM

Great idea! I'll be sure to follow this rule! Maybe you should sticky it?

Capt Canuck 05-07-2012 06:37 PM

Good idea. As long as the post saying 'REPORTED' isn't by the same bot/user that posted the spam it'll work great ;)

Seriously though, will do and can include a link to this thread in the post as well, for new folks who might not know what to do :)
Maybe sticky it or add it to any existing 'forum standards' info.

Edit: Guff beat me to it.

ichitaka05 05-07-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guff (Post 203516)
Great idea! I'll be sure to follow this rule! Maybe you should sticky it?

Thanks, just seeing all those email can get hassle, so thought Hachi & WoW feel the same.

It's not official or anything. If Hachi likes the idea and approve it, he'll sticky it.

Guff 05-07-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 203520)
Thanks, just seeing all those email can get hassle, so thought Hachi & WoW feel the same.

It's not official or anything. If Hachi likes the idea and approve it, he'll sticky it.

I subscribe to every thread I comment in, so I get a solid 150-200 emails a day too...

I like staying on top though!!

Dave-ROR 05-07-2012 07:26 PM

I'll do so in the future. Other sites I've seen have an indicator showing that it was reported x times, that would allow what you want without relying on people to not be lazy :)

Dadhawk 05-07-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 203520)

Is there a way to have a button to flag it as SPAM and them put a posting hold on the thread until an OP has a chance to verify?

ichitaka05 05-07-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 203606)
Is there a way to have a button to flag it as SPAM and them put a posting hold on the thread until an OP has a chance to verify?

Hm... I haven't seen that feature before. Just con about that idea is when ppl repost the thread, other member's gonna put the flag up... so it'll be hard

Hachiroku 05-07-2012 08:45 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me! I'll work on stopping the spam bots as well.

ichitaka05 05-07-2012 09:26 PM

Well we got the thumbs up from our boss, so I'll sticky it!

Fly Guy 06-07-2012 07:42 AM

Just so I know I'm doing this right, spammers usually make multiple posts, so it's best to report only one of them, correct?

Dave-ROR 06-07-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Guy (Post 246286)
Just so I know I'm doing this right, spammers usually make multiple posts, so it's best to report only one of them, correct?

That is preferred. :thumbup:

banadictaustin 06-16-2012 11:45 AM

Thanks for sharing this nice and useful information.