Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Breaking: standard Scion FR-S / Toyota FT-86 model and aero kits revealed (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2075)

SUB-FT86 10-29-2011 06:12 AM

What is up with the ugly ass wheels and altezza taillights?

SUB-FT86 10-29-2011 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon (Post 67797)
I for one am glad it didn't turn out like a over-riced monstrosity like the FR-S and the two concepts after the original. This car is the spiritual successor to a RWD Corolla. It's not supposed to overtly stand out.

People care too much about how cars look. It's how they drive that's most important and besides you can't see what your car looks like when you're sitting in it. ;)

I myself don't really care for the looks of my STi, it's not a very attractive car. But when I get behind the wheel and mash the loud pedal I forget those trivial matters.

Just because you don't care for looks doesn't mean everybody feels the same way. I would hate to own a car I couldn't stand the looks of. Call me shallow.

Ricepuddin 10-29-2011 06:14 AM

We'll obviously they let Subaru design the tail lights, god i hate those....

Otherwise i love the look:happy0180:

Not enough to trade in the 11WRX but maybe enough to pic one up once it's payed off as a daily

Bacon 10-29-2011 06:16 AM

The 'tezza lights seems to be a recurring thing in Toyotas again. The new Corolla and Camry have them too...

Nostalgia1987 10-29-2011 06:22 AM

One of my most busiest weeks of the year and im getting hammered with all these emails making me come to the site the have a look at.

Enjoying looking at these updates. No complaints.

Style, lights, package everything so far. Would of prefered to have twin circle dials for the tacho and speedo, but what ive seen so far is good, very good.

Now dont be arseholes Subaru Australia and release the BRZ here next year:)

Ricepuddin 10-29-2011 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon (Post 67801)
The 'tezza lights seems to be a recurring thing in Toyotas again. The new Corolla and Camry have them too...

Do they? I kind of just ignore both those cars when i see them on the road )

Nambo 10-29-2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgia1987 (Post 67803)
Now dont be arseholes Subaru Australia and release the BRZ here next year:)

:word:

tr1x5tuh 10-29-2011 06:45 AM

the front end is growing on me but damn those tail lights makes my eyes itch...... :thumbdown:

Leeky 10-29-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R_E_L (Post 67738)
yeah i realize that its comparing them to show the inspiration, but thats what i'm saying. the katakana underneath the pic labels the gt so i was wondering if the katakana under the FT was labeling it as well

of course i could just be reading too deeply into this haha

Its funny how this information has just 'leaked' out yet the photo of the brochure has been cleverly taken so that the name of the car is just out of shot :iono::paddle:

Im 100% certain that Toyota has leaked all these pictures on purpose to build up the hype around the cars and what will actually be revealed in Tokyo will be the production car's real name.

So looking closely at the zoomed in pic..

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...leeky/ZOOM.jpg

We know that it says Toyota 2000GT (トヨタ 2000GT) on the right...

And we know that on the left under the FT86 pic it says Sport(s) (スポーツ)

My money is on the FR-S name being on both the Toyota and the Scion.

As Front-Rear-Sports (which is what i recall FRS standing for) would fit the picture.

前リアスポーツ

Apologies for my bad translations. I dont know any Japanese and im just using the online translator.

fernan2 10-29-2011 07:13 AM

a couple of things and i hope i dont get ban!

1- this car needs a body kit like a fat kid needs cake! (to dull in original form)
2- whats up with the altezza tail lights? its almost 2012 already! :iono:
3- wheels are fugly to say the least.
4- im happy we can finaly see what the real car looks like, and its NOT all bad.
5- i hope the scion version has the option for the big wing and side spoilers.

lancie 10-29-2011 07:22 AM

edit..

Enzie 10-29-2011 08:00 AM

I don't honestly see what many people are complaining about. I wasn't expecting the car to look as close to the concept as does from these pictures. I honesty thought we were going to somehow see some bland car that looks like Toyotas current lineup. Lots of people are complaining about the taillight being red/silver vs all red or some other stuff... But I don't see why you would complain about that, with the status of this car, aftermarket ones will be available almost immediately. And I'll probably get "well I don't want aftermarket, I want stock". But we as people who are "enthusiasts" and like certain details are very small when compared to the mass general public, who don't care what they're driving. just my 2 pennies (from a 19yo observer)

ryridesmotox 10-29-2011 08:06 AM

I really like what I'm seeing right now. It looks small and light weight. Which is what I love. I'm already thinking about a built lower end and high flow cylinder heads so I can mash all the power I can into that little thing with a Turbo. I'm thinking 500 horse at the wheels will feel like you are strapped into a rocketship. Hopefully it doesn't weigh much more than 2500lbs.

balance 10-29-2011 08:34 AM

It's amazing how one small detail (i.e., the odious altezza-type taillights) degrades the entire image of the car.