Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Help removing the dipstick tube! urgent? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138167)

SamtheKorean 12-15-2019 02:39 PM

Help removing the dipstick tube! urgent?

Hey guys been getting a lot of help from this form, this time i tried installing a nameless long tube headers (heat wrapped). Because it’s a long tube header design the fitment is pretty tight. many people either relocated the Engine dipstick to wiggle around the headers or just removed the dipstick tube completely. because mine is wrapped looks like i have to just remove the dipstick tube and put it back on once i install the headers. anyone know how to remove dipstick tube from the engine block?

weederr33 12-15-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamtheKorean (Post 3283318)
Hey guys been getting a lot of help from this form, this time i tried installing a nameless long tube headers (heat wrapped). Because it’s a long tube header design the fitment is pretty tight. many people either relocated the Engine dipstick to wiggle around the headers or just removed the dipstick tube completely. because mine is wrapped looks like i have to just remove the dipstick tube and put it back on once i install the headers. anyone know how to remove dipstick tube from the engine block?

You have to remove the dipstick tube. It's pretty easy. Just unbolt the 10mm nut and then pluck it out. Also for the Nameless headers you need to move one of the fan wires down so it doesnt melt.

SamtheKorean 12-15-2019 04:35 PM

do you think heat wrap would change any results? if I cant get it in after removing the dipstick I'm planning to just remove all the heat wraps I put on.

weederr33 12-15-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamtheKorean (Post 3283328)
do you think heat wrap would change any results? if I cant get it in after removing the dipstick I'm planning to just remove all the heat wraps I put on.

Theres plenty of room once the dipstick is removed

SamtheKorean 12-15-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weederr33 (Post 3283331)
Theres plenty of room once the dipstick is removed

most simple thing takes the longest... seems that tube doesn’t really like to come off. is there certain way that the tube has to come out? i’m able to rotate it and wiggle it but it’s stuck stuck. any tips on this?

weederr33 12-15-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamtheKorean (Post 3283339)
most simple thing takes the longest... seems that tube doesn’t really like to come off. is there certain way that the tube has to come out? i’m able to rotate it and wiggle it but it’s stuck stuck. any tips on this?

Once the stick is removed, and 10mm bolt at the top is taken off, you just need to give it a damn good pull and it will pop off. It's just an O-ring holding it in. Maybe pulling from under the car so you can get a better tug on it might help.

Joon525 12-15-2019 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is a picture of the tube already out of the car so you can see what you're up against.
As previously stated, you just have to pull on it. Maybe you're just being a little too careful and have to try a bit harder.

SamtheKorean 12-15-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joon525 (Post 3283377)
Attached is a picture of the tube already out of the car so you can see what you're up against.
As previously stated, you just have to pull on it. Maybe you're just being a little too careful and have to try a bit harder.

Thanks for the pic i live in a place where its very humid. looks like i got a good rust build up, i'm gonna give it more good yank again tomorrow.

bcj 12-16-2019 12:29 PM

Might pick up a new O-ring.
I've heard some of the valve spring repairs are being bodged up with RTV.

SamtheKorean 12-16-2019 11:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update on dipstick tube. Thanks everyone literally walking me through every step amazing community. Installed my long tube header and wow it’s so much louder.
Also very raspy like 350z exhaust raspy and trumpet like? however def power increase on my butt dyno lol. Specially topend is just keep bringing more power, not so much in mid range. But i gotta find a way to quite down a bit, lmk if y’all got any tips😎

weederr33 12-16-2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamtheKorean (Post 3283728)
Update on dipstick tube. Thanks everyone literally walking me through every step amazing community. Installed my long tube header and wow it’s so much louder.
Also very raspy like 350z exhaust raspy and trumpet like? however def power increase on my butt dyno lol. Specially topend is just keep bringing more power, not so much in mid range. But i gotta find a way to quite down a bit, lmk if y’all got any tips😎

Good to hear you got it out!

Yes, the Nameless headers are very raspy, but damn is the power worth it. There isn't much to help with the rasp, except maybe coating them or wrapping them. Or overpowering it with a sweet exhaust note. lol

r4mr4m3024 08-05-2023 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joon525 (Post 3283377)

I want to buy o-rings for this part, what kind of o-rings can I buy? Because when I push the car, I have an oil leak on my header, I feel that this is the problem

bcj 08-05-2023 10:45 AM

The hardware or box store.
They've also got RTV sealant.
Clean the area thoroughly with degreaser then probably use both just because.

DarkPira7e 08-05-2023 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r4mr4m3024 (Post 3588834)
I want to buy o-rings for this part, what kind of o-rings can I buy? Because when I push the car, I have an oil leak on my header, I feel that this is the problem

It will be worth your time to clean the area thoroughly and examine. I very much doubt the dipstick tube is leaking of its own volition- valve cover gaskets on the other hand, or the timing over itself... that's where I would direct my suspicions first.