Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hyundai Veloster (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605)

aloretoc 01-24-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerLieberman (Post 120797)
And then the weekend after you buy it, FRS MSRP gets released at $22,580 and you kick yourself in the balls.

:bellyroll: LMAO

:word:

miata 01-24-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerLieberman (Post 120797)
And then the weekend after you buy it, FRS MSRP gets released at $22,580 and you kick yourself in the balls.

I hope that will happen for you all.
I have to try that car for a while though. I love that yellow and all those modern features that come with the car at that price....
If FRS is still around in two years I may buy a FRS then.
But this site's "vs" thread is what first started my interest in Veloster.
It is funny how things happen.

Guff 01-24-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70NYD (Post 31519)
Does anyone notice that most hyundais look like a cross between something and something? Kind of like what gta did to not have to pay royalties :p

Veloster even sounds like a car name from GTA....

And Huyndai/Kia do some really blatant design ripoffs from some of the bigger guys, but the Veloster is pretty original. It's kinda ridiculous, but original.

RWDJunkie 01-29-2012 01:55 PM

I checked one out yesterday. Didn't test drive it though. I like the interior. The rear hatch design with the dips and scoops, and the bucked teeth like dip in the front bumper are what bother me most. Beyond that, I think it's ok. Also, nobody seems to have commented on the 3-door design. -- single door on driver's side, but it has a front and rear door on passenger's side.

http://i.imgur.com/T19Wn.jpg

This seemed the most odd to me. I walked up to it thinking it was a 2 door hatch. Sat in the driver's seat, looked back, and that's when I saw the door handle for the rear passenger side. So I jumped out, examined the driver's side again, walked over to the passenger side, and quietly exclaimed, "wtf!"

switchlanez 01-29-2012 02:38 PM

That 3rd door is clever/useful. Growing up, a part of me always admired the CRX and this is the spiritual successor (btw the Gen Coupe is the spiritual successor to the 2+2 300ZX). I like what Hyundai is doing with this car and think it'll be a hit. Especially the turbo. Would probably be my top choice if I were shopping for a FWD daily driver.

Saibot 01-29-2012 06:12 PM

ive seen these around.. the back was not bad. but then i saw the front... ... ... ... .. JEEEEEEbus that changed my opinion!!! ITS SOooOO ugly. Actually most hyundais are UGLY to me IOJFWEIOJio Id rather get a honda CR-Z

Mr.Jay 01-29-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saibot (Post 123298)
ive seen these around.. the back was not bad. but then i saw the front... ... ... ... .. JEEEEEEbus that changed my opinion!!! ITS SOooOO ugly. Actually most hyundais are UGLY to me IOJFWEIOJio Id rather get a honda CR-Z

I rather not spend more money to get less power, less mpg and arguably a just as ugly car

serialk11r 01-29-2012 07:32 PM

It's such an irony, Hyundai makes beautiful rear ends, fugly front ends. Typically it's the other way around. Actually, same goes for Honda currently. I find the rear ends quite stylish.

miata 01-29-2012 07:41 PM

CRZ is a .... not a good car for me. The space behind the front seats are for .... Grocery bags?????? LOL. When I saw the inside at the car show I went WTH??
What might have happened ... The Honda engineers built the car and gave the rear fold down seat then Mr. Honda said "you try sitting in the back moron!" and no one could because there was no leg room so they had to remove the foam padding call it grocery bag space. LOL.

Snoopyalien24 01-29-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serialk11r (Post 123328)
It's such an irony, Hyundai makes beautiful rear ends, fugly front ends.

I KNOW RIGHT?!

Guff 01-29-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopyalien24 (Post 123338)
I KNOW RIGHT?!

Good thing we have Toyobaru, who can make beautiful front ends, rear ends, sides, tops, bottoms, quarters, etc... :wub::wub:

Memphis 06-04-2012 12:05 PM

Hyundai VT to start at $1600 over base Veloster!

That is an insane price point. Very very very tempting for those that like gadgets and stuff like that. By no means is it a sports car but it will be fun no less.

http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/ve...ase-model.html

Kimsey47 06-04-2012 12:08 PM

Cool, thanks for sharing! Was considering this or the Genesis as a possiblilty but couldn't pass up the BRZ! Interesting little car... Still not sold on that 3rd door crap though.

Dadhawk 06-04-2012 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I realize this is totally subjective, but that I just can't see me driving that car. The side profile in the article literally looks like Godzilla stepped on the back end of it and "smushed it".

Somebody want to photoshop a big foot on the back of it to prove my point?