Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   NY / NJ / CT / PA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bear Mountain Run (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128660)

lostkhan 07-02-2018 02:57 PM

Bear Mountain Run

It has been a long time since I have done a mountain run. With a small group and early morning (No traffic/cyclists) It's a lot of fun.

I'm planning to setup a run on a weekend Sat/Sun early morning and then stop for brunch/pictures. Let's decide a date that fits the majority. Route is open for debate.

Update:

Cruise date: July 14th
Time: 7am Sharp. Please arrive before 7am for quick briefing and route
details
Meet Location: 92 Roa Hook Rd, Cortlandt NY

Please bring walkie-talkies if available. It's easier to communicate that way in case someone is lost.
We are trying to keep the group short. Means the maximum cars allowed are 10. It's the only way to have safe and fun cruise without gaining any attention.

Archadius 07-03-2018 07:33 AM

Give me a time and date in advance and I'll try and show up, it also depends how early you mean by early morning.

Ernest72 07-04-2018 08:08 PM

I do it all the time. Count me in if it works out.

HeresMyMind 07-04-2018 08:19 PM

I'm down!

-B

lostkhan 07-05-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archadius (Post 3105935)
Give me a time and date in advance and I'll try and show up, it also depends how early you mean by early morning.

Right now, I'm going for July 14th. The cruise will start at 7am sharp. It doesn't include the drive towards the bear mountain meeting spot. The meet at the spot is at 6:30am.

For those who do mountain cruises know early morning is the best time. No traffic, no cyclists and best of all, the burnout/revving/instagram crowd doesn't wakeup till midday on a weekend :)

Cruise should end by 10 am and we can have breakfast/brunch before heading back home. This way, you won't be stuck in traffic on your way back as well.

lostkhan 07-05-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest72 (Post 3106525)
I do it all the time. Count me in if it works out.

Let's get some route recommendations going. I'll will not post the final route here. Instead i'll private message it to whoever is going.

Ernest72 07-05-2018 08:46 PM

Here’s what I do. I take the palisades to exit 15 stony point. Make right on to gate hill rd. Go to stop sign and make right on wanawauke rd This takes you into Harriman near lake Welch. Go straight past lake Welch through some nice twisted until you hit a circle . Make first right on to seven lakes and take to next circle (tiorati) Go around circle onto Arden valley. This is the best twistie rd. Take this to 17 south. Make slight right and go to light. Make a left on to 106. Take 106 with many twisties back to the first circle. Go north again on seven lakes to the other circle (tiorati) make right onto tiorati brook rd. Another good twistie that leads back to the palisades south. If you want to do bear mt at the circle go straight through on seven lakes which takes you to the 6 circle. Take bear my exit and now you have all those roads as well. Perkins memorial and some others. You can even get to 9w and drive south along the Hudson. Lots of choices. The first part in Harriman takes me about 45 minutes without stopping. Bear mt will be longer. Can even go across the bridge and hit some good roads on the other side.

AFewBricksShy 07-06-2018 05:53 AM

I'm 99% sure I'll be able to make this.

Rickyyp 07-06-2018 07:05 AM

count me in!

lostkhan 07-06-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest72 (Post 3106863)
Here’s what I do. I take the palisades to exit 15 stony point. Make right on to gate hill rd. Go to stop sign and make right on wanawauke rd This takes you into Harriman near lake Welch. Go straight past lake Welch through some nice twisted until you hit a circle . Make first right on to seven lakes and take to next circle (tiorati) Go around circle onto Arden valley. This is the best twistie rd. Take this to 17 south. Make slight right and go to light. Make a left on to 106. Take 106 with many twisties back to the first circle. Go north again on seven lakes to the other circle (tiorati) make right onto tiorati brook rd. Another good twistie that leads back to the palisades south. If you want to do bear mt at the circle go straight through on seven lakes which takes you to the 6 circle. Take bear my exit and now you have all those roads as well. Perkins memorial and some others. You can even get to 9w and drive south along the Hudson. Lots of choices. The first part in Harriman takes me about 45 minutes without stopping. Bear mt will be longer. Can even go across the bridge and hit some good roads on the other side.

Ernest, Thanks for the recommendation. I would love for you to come to the cruise and show us some good roads. I usually drive on the other side of the bridge. Mainly Denny Town Rd, carmel-kent cliffs Rd to name a few. But, I would love to have some suggestion to the final route.

lostkhan 07-06-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFewBricksShy (Post 3106967)
I'm 99% sure I'll be able to make this.

Meeting place will be 92 Roa Hook Rd, Cortlandt NY. Cruise will start at 7am sharp. Date finalized is July 14th.

lostkhan 07-06-2018 10:57 AM

I have updated the original post with Date, Time and location

AFewBricksShy 07-06-2018 11:05 AM

I hope you don't mind but I posted about this in the Philly area 86 facebook group. I didn't take credit for it or give any details, I just said to check the forum.
Edit: Crap. Once again I've gotten Bear mountain and Bear Creek mountain mixed up. I don't think I'm making this one. Bear creek is 45 minutes away from me, bear mountain is 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Sorry. Take lots of pictures .

lostkhan 07-06-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFewBricksShy (Post 3107032)
I hope you don't mind but I posted about this in the Philly area 86 facebook group. I didn't take credit for it or give any details, I just said to check the forum.

That's fine. As long as we don't have a huge turnout. The only reason I did not post on facebook/Insta because I want to stay away from that type of crowd who only does burnouts/revs and post that on social media (This can give a bad reputation to the cruise). I want to keep the group small and grab least attention of people when we are cruising. It will keep us away from trouble, and ensures a fun and safe time.