Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   OUR BELOVED FRS/BRZ LISTS OF ISSUES / PROBLEMS HERE!! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11587)

civicdrivr 07-14-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imravenit (Post 314782)
point is to educate fellow owners there normal conditions and should not be worried..

Ahhh, I was taking the title to heart then (with it saying "list of problems" and all).

imravenit 07-14-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 315283)
Ahhh, I was taking the title to heart then (with it saying "list of problems" and all).

yea so people would have an idea if ever they complain about the same thing that its not a problem and its normal for the car to do such things.. lol

ruskymx 07-14-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter (Post 315169)
Are you sure it's not from a sticker that was on when delivered? I have a few of those still on my car. It appears they waxed over these lines on my WRB BRZ.

Positive. I added arrows to the pictures to show where the line is that I'm talking about. It definitely in the paint and not shadows or anything. It's visible when there is direct sunlight on that side of the car. As you can see in the pictures, it doesn't follow the body lines and is a little wavy. I'll see if I can get an HD video of it if the sun ever comes back out today.

Here's bigger pics with no thumbnails

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_0439wa.jpg

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_0438wa.jpg

Ruskymx

imravenit 07-14-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruskymx (Post 315298)
Positive. I added arrows to the pictures to show where the line is that I'm talking about. It definitely in the paint and not shadows or anything. It's visible when there is direct sunlight on that side of the car. As you can see in the pictures, it doesn't follow the body lines and is a little wavy. I'll see if I can get an HD video of it if the sun ever comes back out today.

Ruskymx

see these cars are literally brand new.. now if theres any concerns you may have you shouldnt hesitate to bring it to your dealer asap! and address the problems you may have.. so it can be either be taken care of or documented if its not a known issue yet.. if i had that streak of line in my brand new car i would immediately bring it back! and either they fix it or get another one..

ruskymx 07-14-2012 04:02 PM

I work at a Toyota dealer so I'm sure it will be taken car of one way or another. I showed it to the service department already along with my taillight condensation, and D/S front speaker grill popping out, told them about the idle issue, and I have some noise that I am not sure if it's normal or not so I had them check it out. They aren't sure what it is either. They want to be able to drive another manual FRS to see if makes the same noise.

Ruskymx

Bonburner 07-14-2012 04:08 PM

haha well let me drive you guys nuts some more ..
there are lines on the top of the car parallel to the front windshield and the back on the roof.
They're less than an inch away from both sides roughly.
also those lines on the rear fenders that should be a line that goes down also (think of a right angle).
apparently these lines are from the paper used to transfer the cars on the trucks

Style 07-14-2012 04:13 PM

thank you. I had the smell of burning wires coming from the engine when I drove off the lot and was a bit worried, but now that I read this I think I'm good.

imravenit 07-14-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonburner (Post 315324)
haha well let me drive you guys nuts some more ..
there are lines on the top of the car parallel to the front windshield and the back on the roof.
They're less than an inch away from both sides roughly.
also those lines on the rear fenders that should be a line that goes down also (think of a right angle).
apparently these lines are from the paper used to transfer the cars on the trucks

now i gotta take a look at my car as ive never really notice any of these lines being said.. :(

RRnold 07-14-2012 04:58 PM

Excellent thread! :happy0180:

imravenit 07-15-2012 01:16 AM

Thanks! Added a couple of new things... i.e. tpms lights on, brz gps signal issue and etc...

Zadkiel 07-15-2012 06:42 PM

I think mine might be doing that neutral clunk. I'll have to investigate it more. I'd like to hear what the guy who had it found out.

imravenit 07-15-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zadkiel (Post 316953)
I think mine might be doing that neutral clunk. I'll have to investigate it more. I'd like to hear what the guy who had it found out.

basically its a normal thud .. this car makes this sound almost everytime and you just have to be gentle with the clutch and be patient.. lol

Zadkiel 07-22-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imravenit (Post 316958)
basically its a normal thud .. this car makes this sound almost everytime and you just have to be gentle with the clutch and be patient.. lol

No, I mean the one where he was pushing in the clutch in neutral and it was making a noise, not shifting.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11266

Godzilla35 08-05-2012 04:19 AM

I have no idea what can be done about this, and I've already confirmed with with at least 6+ frs/brz owners... but I am going to call it the "infamous moist triangle" in the rear window right above the 3rd brake light. Has anyone reported this one yet?