Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Official Weight Reduction Thread - Sort of... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3069)

merlin2111 12-29-2011 04:13 PM

Official Weight Reduction Thread - Sort of...

With the focus of this incredible machine being its feather weight status I have decided to do a little personal weight loss starting in January and wanted to see if there was any interest in joining me.

This thread will focus on diets, workouts, and everything else that goes along with getting skinny/ripped all in the hope that the weight of the driver won't slow the car and instead of spending $$$ on light weight lugnuts and titanium exhaust we will just be fit enthusiasts.

I will post a starting weight and picture on the first of the year with a goal weight and a picture that I want to get back down by my birthday, March, 7th.

If you want to start now go ahead but I know New Years festivities are going to hinder my initial progress significantly so rather than going backwards first I will just wait until I can give this a good run.

Michel 12-29-2011 04:17 PM

lol you can give a few kg's to me as I actually started training yesterday.. I have to gain weight. Good luck with training ! Make sure you stay motivated, set goals for yourself (on paper, otherwise they're just..thoughts..) and kick your own ass !

merlin2111 12-29-2011 04:23 PM

I am not a fatty really, I just used to be a fitness model (9 months ago) and want to get back in that kind of shape. Abs, veins, all the good stuff. Having a girlfriend made me get lazy especially since she doesn't work out.

Giccin 12-29-2011 04:29 PM

I'm not posting pictures of myself in my diet/weight/cardio training for the world to see. Lol

Something just doesn't go well when a female posts pictures of her self half naked so people can see improvement...

I will however give info on what my diet is, when I'm eating, what I'm working out, and what other extra things I'm doing to lose weight and pack in muscle. Without losing my boobs and butt that is. :D

But aside from all of that... I'll state my weight and % of fat (women need more fat because breasts and butt is all fat. So pfft)

Weight: 48kg (measuring in metric because its more accurate)
Height: 154cm
% fat: 22% (I get mine measured at school since they have a health center that checks on your status)
Or you can go here http://www.healthstatus.com/calculat...age-calculator (Don't know how accurate it is though).

Dave-ROR 12-29-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlin2111 (Post 105599)
Having a girlfriend made me get lazy especially since she doesn't work out.

That's going to be my new excuse :thumbup:

I've been eating about 1600 cals a day for the last week, but with christmas holiday still gained ~5 lbs.. damn italian family on the GF side and Hungarian on my side = way too much food on the 24th and 25th lol

Dave-ROR 12-29-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giccin (Post 105605)
Something just doesn't go well when a female posts pictures of her self half naked so people can see improvement...

I strongly disagree with that statement. :)

Longhorn248 12-29-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giccin (Post 105605)
I'm not posting pictures of myself in my diet/weight/cardio training for the world to see. Lol

I will however give info on what my diet is, when I'm eating, what I'm working out, and what other extra things I'm doing to lose weight and pack in muscle. Without losing my boobs and butt that is. :D

But aside from all of that... I'll state my weight and % of fat (women need more fat because breasts and butt is all fat. So pfft)

Weight: 48kg (measuring in metric because its more accurate)
Height: 154cm
% fat: 22% (I get mine measured at school since they have a health center that checks on your status)
Or you can go here http://www.healthstatus.com/calculat...age-calculator (Don't know how accurate it is though).

Using the metric or standard system to measure weight makes no difference with regards to accuracy. Accuracy is dependent on the device you are using to take the measurement.

What are they measuring your BF% with at the health center? Pretty much anything short of a buoyancy test or DEXA scan is going to vary greatly and not be very accurate to give you a true number.

DommerEOD 12-29-2011 04:51 PM

Perma-chubby here... rucking around the desert for a year and nothing changes. Must be in my DNA. So i'd play but i'd lose instantly :bellyroll:

Dimman 12-29-2011 05:30 PM

6'3", 230 lbs, kinda soft now. But when I was fit I was 220lbs but pretty solid.

You guys are all going to be faster than me in the car dammit...

SVTSHC 12-29-2011 06:14 PM

I'm in pretty good shape, I have photographical evidence if proof is needed:D

5'10"
164lbs
5.7% BF is my usual Spring/Summer/beginning of fall percentage (taken with BF calipers so that measurement is probably a good deal off), it's fatkid season though so I'm around 9% (haven't taken a recent measurement) and 172lbs.

At my job I've made more than a few rough draft meal plans for coworkers interested in dropping a few. Buuuuut if anyone needs any advice/consulation and doesn't feel like searching a bodybuilding forum for hours I'm always available via PM.:thumbup: I'll teach ya all about simple/complex carbs, what foods to stay away from or gravitate toward depending on your goals (example: when trying to lean out you'll want to stick to foods that have a low glycemic index which are typically your complex carbs. So to achieve the opposite you'll want to go with simple carbs or foods that are higher on the glycemic index.), vegetables (hint: The darker the green the better :D), etc etc...

Just your neighborhood healthnut but I'm here to help (O_^)b

S2kphile 12-29-2011 06:46 PM

Weight: 140lbs(63.5kgs)
Height: 5'6"(168cm)

Shoulder Width:46.5in
Chest:38in
Waist:30in

This is my starting point for 2012. Gonna work harder to lean out. Slimmer waist and broader shoulders. Goal is 126-128lbs.

ichitaka05 12-29-2011 07:09 PM

I need to get back in shape for summer!!! Every time winter hits, I get fat. Summer time, I'm totally in shape... but just winter time, I just eat and hibernate

Height: 5'10"~11"
Weight: 187 lbs (last time I checked)
BF%: 100% LOL jk IDK, I need to check on that one

Giccin 12-29-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn248 (Post 105624)
Using the metric or standard system to measure weight makes no difference with regards to accuracy. Accuracy is dependent on the device you are using to take the measurement.

What are they measuring your BF% with at the health center? Pretty much anything short of a buoyancy test or DEXA scan is going to vary greatly and not be very accurate to give you a true number.

Big pinch clamp thing. Some measuring tape and another clamp. Lol

S2kphile 12-29-2011 07:30 PM

I forgot to add that in 2009 I was over 200+lbs OBESE. I went on a diet and worked out ever since and it has paid huge dividends.
'
IMO, its 80% diet 20% exercise. I have a very active lifestyle now and eat paleo diet along with eat stop eat diet.