Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Slave master cylinder problem! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154323)

Theodorable 12-24-2023 01:33 AM

Slave master cylinder problem!

So I was installing my new/used slave assembly. when I installed it and topped off the reservoir. Started pumping. Clutch had no pressure and no resisting when pushing the clutch. The pedal would be locked to the floor so you’d have to pump with hand. Still pumped like 50 times no difference no pressure. So I was trying to diagnose. And I decided to do the slave cylinder hose to see if liquid was being pushed. There was not. Then I decided to do the master cylinder cause if there’s no fluid in the slave then how could it build pressure to push the clutch fork. So here’s a vid of the slave cylinder and master cylinder being pumped. Id assume when the hardline is disconnected from the master cylinder it was leak uncontrollably but I’m not sure cause this is the first time doing this. Lmk if this is normal or not and what I should do. I was planning on gettting a new master cylinder or even replace the whole assembly.https://youtube.com/shorts/Y38a0kKPK...bGMCZmC6jLRldp

https://youtube.com/shorts/XvGiw_KvF...FaWPAq3VmXtARS

No visible leaks when everything was installed assuming it’s something internal. Any help is appreciated thank you

Ultramaroon 12-24-2023 01:42 AM

You started with a dry master cylinder. Read up on bench bleeding master cylinders.

Theodorable 12-24-2023 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3599079)
You started with a dry master cylinder. Read up on bench bleeding master cylinders.

Noted thank you! I’ll do some research on that tonight

Ultramaroon 12-24-2023 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theodorable (Post 3599080)
Noted thank you! I’ll do some research on that tonight

Mine drains slowly just by opening the bleed valve. Keep air from being sucked in on the release.

x808drifter 12-24-2023 08:00 AM

So do I get my $5?
Or is the Slave Master not part of the "Manual Swap"?

x808drifter 12-24-2023 08:00 AM

So do I get my $5?

blsfrs 12-24-2023 12:00 PM

Have you looked into the differences in the wiring and ECUs of manual and autos? If not, bleeding the clutch system may be the least of your worries. From my understanding, switching from auto to man not a "plug and play" deal.

Theodorable 12-24-2023 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blsfrs (Post 3599100)
Have you looked into the differences in the wiring and ECUs of manual and autos? If not, bleeding the clutch system may be the least of your worries. From my understanding, switching from auto to man not a "plug and play" deal.

I have everything for swap including. MT harness etc. so don’t worry bout that. It’s just the cylinder I have a problem with

Theodorable 12-24-2023 08:17 PM

Quote:

It also is plug and play because there’s no wires that connect to the clutch. It’s it’s own separate system that doesn’t require any wiring the harness

Theodorable 12-24-2023 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x808drifter (Post 3599091)
So do I get my $5?

What are you on?

Theodorable 12-24-2023 08:21 PM

Quote:

I’ve also already installed everything to manual already. The only problem in my way from getting the car started and on the road is the clutch pedal/slave cylinder and or master cylinder

Ultramaroon 12-24-2023 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theodorable (Post 3599110)
I’ve also already installed everything to manual already. The only problem in my way from getting the car started and on the road is the clutch pedal/slave cylinder and or master cylinder

Do us a favor. Notice that it's the same few people answering your questions. Please don't make another thread when you hit your next snag. :thumbsup: