Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Valenti Headlight Wiring Help (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117679)

electrongeek 04-17-2017 12:29 AM

Valenti Headlight Wiring Help

I'm in need of some guidance on wiring up some Valenti Headlights. Anyone that has successfully done this please chime in. I tried searching, but didn't find any specific tutorials.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

thecarfilmer 04-17-2017 01:03 AM

from what ive seen about those headlights, theyre meant for RHD cars but i vould be wrong. dont take my word for it lol

electrongeek 04-17-2017 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecarfilmer (Post 2892893)
from what ive seen about those headlights, theyre meant for RHD cars but i vould be wrong. dont take my word for it lol

Yes, you're correct. Normally that would be an issue, but I have modified the projector cut off shield so that it no longer blinds oncoming traffic.

All I need to do now is figure out the wiring schematics so that I can create a harness.

JT.86 04-18-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electrongeek (Post 2892902)
Yes, you're correct. Normally that would be an issue, but I have modified the projector cut off shield so that it no longer blinds oncoming traffic.

All I need to do now is figure out the wiring schematics so that I can create a harness.

how did you do that?

electrongeek 04-18-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT.86 (Post 2894010)
how did you do that?

I had a friend of mine mill the cut off shield so that the step in the beam pattern is now flat.

Do you have Valenti headlights? Have you successfully wired them up?

JT.86 04-18-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electrongeek (Post 2894014)
I had a friend of mine mill the cut off shield so that the step in the beam pattern is now flat.

Do you have Valenti headlights? Have you successfully wired them up?

I see.
I'm still in the process of figuring the wiring out

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

electrongeek 04-18-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT.86 (Post 2894016)
I see.
I'm still in the process of figuring the wiring out

I was going to see if I can swap the RHD projectors out for some LHD Morimoto projectors, but I decided to stick with the existing projectors so that I can use the OEM hid ballasts and bulbs.

If you're able to figure out the wiring then please post it here. I'm also trying to work out the wiring myself so I'll post it up as well if I'm successful.

JT.86 04-18-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electrongeek (Post 2894021)
I was going to see if I can swap the RHD projectors out for some LHD Morimoto projectors, but I decided to stick with the existing projectors so that I can use the OEM hid ballasts and bulbs.

If you're able to figure out the wiring then please post it here. I'm also trying to work out the wiring myself so I'll post it up as well if I'm successful.

I'm trying to figure out how the wires should be wired from the car end atm. The frs high beam bulbs is also the DRL which runs through a resistor. Not sure how this can be adjusted to run the valenti headlights where the high beam and low beam are the same light.

electrongeek 04-18-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT.86 (Post 2894033)
I'm trying to figure out how the wires should be wired from the car end atm. The frs high beam bulbs is also the DRL which runs through a resistor. Not sure how this can be adjusted to run the valenti headlights where the high beam and low beam are the same light.

I remember seeing a tutorial on how to repin the 8 pin Japanese GT86 headlights to work with the FRS 6pin.

If the Valenti headlights are direct plug and play for the Japanese GT86 then I would assume the repin method should work.

I already bought the necessary plugs to create a harness so hopefully my assumptions are correct.

DrifterD 04-18-2017 04:21 PM

I've been trying to do research on this as well before I decide to get them since they are the nicest headlights out for this car. From what I've heard its plug and play if you have the OEM D4S ballast, not sure if morimotos will work.

Subbed for solution.

JT.86 04-18-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electrongeek (Post 2894166)
I remember seeing a tutorial on how to repin the 8 pin Japanese GT86 headlights to work with the FRS 6pin.

If the Valenti headlights are direct plug and play for the Japanese GT86 then I would assume the repin method should work.

I already bought the necessary plugs to create a harness so hopefully my assumptions are correct.

Japanese gt86 doesn't have drl/highbeam as same bulb right? Or is everything the same as frs except led drl strip?

JT.86 04-18-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrifterD (Post 2894169)
I've been trying to do research on this as well before I decide to get them since they are the nicest headlights out for this car. From what I've heard its plug and play if you have the OEM D4S ballast, not sure if morimotos will work.

Subbed for solution.

Definitely not plug and play

electrongeek 04-18-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrifterD (Post 2894169)

Subbed for solution.

Yes, I'll be using the OEM D4S ballasts and bulbs.

I assume you're saying it's plug and play for the Japanese GT86?

DrifterD 04-18-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electrongeek (Post 2894175)
Yes, I'll be using the OEM D4S ballasts and bulbs.

I assume you're saying it's plug and play for the Japanese GT86?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT.86 (Post 2894173)
Definitely not plug and play

Probably, my bad.