Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   so my motor blew up on dyno today jdl kit gtx3071 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70685)

kingkai23 07-23-2014 08:49 PM

so my motor blew up on dyno today jdl kit gtx3071

What are chances the heads ok and or chances i can get it replaced under warranty if i returned back to stock..supposingly the tial wg port plug came out and overboosted and rod went 3k miles on motor and bye bye

ZionsWrath 07-23-2014 08:50 PM

no chance

ripper 07-23-2014 08:51 PM

bottle of brown liquor, press to lips, consume contents.

enjetek 07-23-2014 09:08 PM

good luck....hope you got extra money saved up :)

Boofneenee 07-23-2014 09:09 PM

I dunno man. I feel like they are going to find out regardless of how hard you try to hide the fact you went FI. Too many pieces of been unscrewed, screwed and drilled. Not to mention the nature of your accident is suspicious. Having said that all that you are still going to take all the shit off as you need a new engine so it may be worth the effort. But I think you need to ask yourself what happens if you do and they investigate and find you lied? We are talking a big ticket item here and I suspect they will really dig before forking over a new engine.
I feel for you man it sounds like you had a sweet setup. On the bright side I have seen plenty of folks offering to sell their engines for around 3 to 4k. Its no easy feat buying, shipping and installing but it appears to be your only route.
Stories like this steer me towards SC vs turbo.
Good luck

boarder1995 07-23-2014 09:23 PM

$3-4k for a motor? I'd sell mine for that just to justify a built motor install! Lots of other hidden expenses, but still tempting.
On another note, hiding what you did to the motor, knowingly abusing it, would be fraud. Not something I'd pursue. Perhaps return it to stock, take it in, mention you had it turbo'd or FI'd and BAM. See if they're willing to help. Otherwise you're back to needing a new motor to install all the kit back onto. Good luck.

Target70 07-23-2014 09:26 PM

that really sucks.
I am not heavy into the turbo discussions, but I am surprised I haven't heard anything about overboost protection at all. In my 240 there was a simple $50 box with an adjustible pressure sensor that cut spark if you went above your set limit. Seems like a cheap form of insurance if going FI.

mav1178 07-23-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkai23 (Post 1862409)
What are chances the heads ok and or chances i can get it replaced under warranty if i returned back to stock..supposingly the tial wg port plug came out and overboosted and rod went 3k miles on motor and bye bye

Please don't.

What you are doing is not only fraud, but it also cheats other honest owners out of warranty work in the long run.

The more these things show up with the manufacturer, the less inclined they are to help out modded car owners.

Don't ruin it for the rest of us, please.

-alex

industrial 07-23-2014 09:37 PM

Pay to play buddy. If you can't afford to lose the motor you shouldn't have been bolting a turbo kit on.

kingkai23 07-23-2014 09:38 PM

I was only inquiring because somebody mentioned it..ill most likely buy a used motor and get rid of it..would like to get away with just replacing shortblock but my luck i doubt it

spitfire481 07-23-2014 09:57 PM

Should have tuned in the boost cut if it was on ecutek. It works great. @Pure Automotive might have a stock spare for sale

xjohnx 07-23-2014 09:59 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-13-SCIO...49d2d0&vxp=mtr

Boofneenee 07-23-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav1178 (Post 1862469)
Please don't.

What you are doing is not only fraud, but it also cheats other honest owners out of warranty work in the long run.

The more these things show up with the manufacturer, the less inclined they are to help out modded car owners.

Don't ruin it for the rest of us, please.

-alex

Maybe I am cynical but I feel car dealers will try to fuck you for a profit no matter the scenario no matter the circumstance. I have no and will never have any sympathy for dealerships should they mistakenly pay for a driver who committed fraud.

Your point is to think about the other people doing the right thing and I applaud you. Why should they be punished? Its people with minds like you that stir communities to come together for some righteous cause. I'm no there and I put myslef first.

Here is what is racing through my mind and the reason why I lack sympathy.

An old couple walks into a dealership looking for a new ride.... The End

kingkai23 07-23-2014 10:09 PM

Yes had boostcut thru ecutek..i got all supporting mods new clutch even ran e85 to be safe but yet i cant even make it off a dyno