Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Takata tow strap (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81539)

Thatguyjeremy 01-28-2015 07:02 PM

Takata tow strap

Any input on how to mount this to the rear. Went single exhaust and now going to use this strap to kind of cover the hole. Don't want to buy a cut out to cover the hole as I do not want to drill into the diffuser lol. Thanks guys:bonk:

8R6 01-28-2015 07:05 PM

i had the exact same question because i thought the exact same thing lol. couldnt find any specific info on the rear installs... everything with pictures were just for the front. and i didnt (and still dont) feel like removing my rear diffuser and bumper just to figure out a solution lol.

Thatguyjeremy 01-28-2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRGT86 (Post 2109487)
i had the exact same question because i thought the exact same thing lol. couldnt find any specific info on the rear installs... everything with pictures were just for the front. and i didnt (and still dont) feel like removing my rear diffuser and bumper just to figure out a solution lol.

Seriously, I've tried searching everywhere, typed it in a dozen different ways and nothing lol. I saw a picture of it mounted in the back. But it's just a advertising pic and it doesn't tell you how it was put on. I saw a couple threads for evos saying that they had to take off the bumper and bolt it Straight to the crash beam.. I'm feeling hopeless lol

MrMarinakos 01-28-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguyjeremy (Post 2109500)
Seriously, I've tried searching everywhere, typed it in a dozen different ways and nothing lol. I saw a picture of it mounted in the back. But it's just a advertising pic and it doesn't tell you how it was put on. I saw a couple threads for evos saying that they had to take off the bumper and bolt it Straight to the crash beam.. I'm feeling hopeless lol

go check out @wearelikewise on instagram, @JordanWho and his buddy are creating something that fixes your problem. :thumbup:

JordanWho 01-28-2015 10:27 PM

I have started a company called We Are Likewise and we've developed a tow strap adapter for the front of the car. This is rated and approved for real towing.

We have also designed a tow strap adapter for the rear of the car but this is more so for style points and is not rated for towing.

We haven't launched yet however our Instagram is the best bet for pictures and updates. Alternative you can visit wearelikewise.com to contact us with any questions.

Thanks for the mention @MrMarinakos

Thatguyjeremy 01-28-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanWho (Post 2109724)
I have started a company called We Are Likewise and we've developed a tow strap adapter for the front of the car. This is rated and approved for real towing.

We have also designed a tow strap adapter for the rear of the car but this is more so for style points and is not rated for towing.

We haven't launched yet however our Instagram is the best bet for pictures and updates. Alternative you can visit wearelikewise.com to contact us with any questions.

Thanks for the mention @MrMarinakos

Is there a way for that to be inside of the cap itself, I kind of wanted to keep it that way, and cut the bottom out to have the strap poke through. Btw I've been following you on IG for awhile now haha, love your car man!

JordanWho 01-28-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguyjeremy (Post 2109762)
Is there a way for that to be inside of the cap itself, I kind of wanted to keep it that way, and cut the bottom out to have the strap poke through. Btw I've been following you on IG for awhile now haha, love your car man!

Haha thanks dude. I appreciate the kind words.

I assume you're talking about the rear? If so... Not really. If you're running an OEM crash bar there is literally like 4/5mm between that and the bumper.

You'd have to cut and modify the crash bar to make room for it. You could probably remove the crash bar entirely and run The Hooker which would work but of course, removing the crash bar probably isn't a good idea and not something Likewise would be able to recommend. That's for you to decide.

Let me know if that helps.

8R6 01-29-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanWho (Post 2109797)
Haha thanks dude. I appreciate the kind words.

I assume you're talking about the rear? If so... Not really. If you're running an OEM crash bar there is literally like 4/5mm between that and the bumper.

You'd have to cut and modify the crash bar to make room for it. You could probably remove the crash bar entirely and run The Hooker which would work but of course, removing the crash bar probably isn't a good idea and not something Likewise would be able to recommend. That's for you to decide.

Let me know if that helps.

dangit!!! thats the info/spec that i wanted to know but without having to remove my rear lol.

JordanWho 01-30-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRGT86 (Post 2110259)
dangit!!! thats the info/spec that i wanted to know but without having to remove my rear lol.

Checkout the Likewise Butt Plug dude 👌

8R6 01-30-2015 11:33 AM

lol

Thatguyjeremy 05-19-2015 11:13 AM

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/...pswuhqiajk.jpg

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/...psaxiesnoe.jpg

I got bored. So I finally decided to find a way. Lol

Thatguyjeremy 05-19-2015 11:13 AM

@8R6

boredom.is.me 05-19-2015 06:53 PM

It draws a weird attention to that spot. And looks like a tiny ball sack.

If it's not for function, you can find a way to attach it to the inside of the bumper cap.

Timmy_Jones 05-20-2015 09:25 AM

Leave the tow strap in your trunk until you need it and then use the factory mount for it.