Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Clutch release fork (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154123)

WNDSRFR 10-21-2023 10:31 AM

Clutch release fork

I need to pull my transmission again and want to change the fork while I'm at it. Does anyone know if 30531AA220 and SU003-00803 are exactly the same part? I think one is the Subaru part and the other is the Toyota part. Last time I used the SU003....but I couldn't find it so I got the 305.....

And no, I don't want to get the Cusco or Versus because they cost 5 times as much and my car has 240,000 miles on it. So I hope that a new OEM fork will last the life of the car. Or at least the life of the next TOB.

zc06_kisstherain 10-26-2023 08:58 AM

should be same since it's same car
I agree with you on getting OEM since your car is 240,000 miles

Code Monkey 10-26-2023 09:07 AM

I have like 3 OEM forks in the garage, can send you one at no charge if you are still looking for one.

WNDSRFR 10-26-2023 10:12 AM

Thanks for the offer but I already have the Subaru fork.
The problem I'm having this time is actually the clutch disk itself is starting to slip under heavy load. The first time it was the TOB. I was young and dumb and replaced everything.
The clutch was perfectly good but I already had a stage two kit and installed it. Went back together with few problems.
The second time was for the TOB again. Replaced the TOB and quill. Took a couple days and many bad words to get it back together.
The third time was for the clutch fork (broke). Replaced the fork and TOB but should have done the clutch too, but I didn't want any complications because it was so hard to get it back together the last time. Got lucky and it slid back together.
So recently I replaced the batteries in the ESC and when I engage it in sixth gear the clutch slips. But at least the car is still drivable, not like the last three times.
So, this time I can do the job on my terms, and take my time.

demasrv 11-03-2023 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNDSRFR (Post 3595353)
The third time was for the clutch fork (broke). Replaced the fork and TOB but should have done the clutch too, but I didn't want any complications because it was so hard to get it back together the last time. Got lucky and it slid back together.

Man this is wild to me because it's so easy to replace the clutch/pressure plate once you have the transmission dropped.

RToyo86 11-03-2023 05:49 AM

Same part, but find you pay Subaru tax almost every time. Packaging is identical minus a Toyota sticker slapped on-top.

Ordered rear main seal and new clip/spring for clutch fork, Subaru wanting something like $75, Toyota was $32 lol..

WNDSRFR 11-03-2023 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demasrv (Post 3595817)
Man this is wild to me because it's so easy to replace the clutch/pressure plate once you have the transmission dropped.

I agree it is easy. But it was in the middle of August and it was 96 degrees every day with 90 percent humidity and I just wanted my car running again as soon as possible.

WNDSRFR 11-03-2023 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RToyo86 (Post 3595827)
Same part, but find you pay Subaru tax almost every time. Packaging is identical minus a Toyota sticker slapped on-top.

Ordered rear main seal and new clip/spring for clutch fork, Subaru wanting something like $75, Toyota was $32 lol..

In this case the Subaru part was actually cheaper than the Toyota part.