Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FT-86 -- daily driver, weekend car, or garage queen? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158)

My86 11-08-2009 11:46 AM

FT-86 -- daily driver, weekend car, or garage queen?

Just had this thought - you guys gonna be using the FT-86 as a daily driver, weekend car, or garage queen?

Like I said in my other post I plan to drive this thing every second and chance I get. With toyota's reliability and efficient cars I think this will will serve as a good DD. Plus, it's too pretty and will hopefully perform too well not to use everyday :D

Shadowsong6 11-08-2009 01:15 PM

I'll be my daily, I can really only afford one car right now anyway, so I'll have this, and wifey is getting a 2009 Ralliart... I'm in charge of mods for both of them :bellyroll: :happyanim:

S2KtoFT86 11-08-2009 01:37 PM

Mine will be either my weekend toy or just a garage queen. I'll have another daily that I can beat up but this will definitely not be it.

White Comet 11-08-2009 04:38 PM

Need a good AWD or FWD car as an all weather daily for venturing through the Rockies in the winter with a snowboard, so the FT will be the weekend toy. Hopefully it'll satisfy the woman from expecting a Porsche, too (yeah, right...)

dm 11-08-2009 05:13 PM

I have an SUV also, but for my wife. This will be my everyday car, and thats a reason i want to change my 2 seat miata for a 2+2 FT86

4agze 11-08-2009 05:22 PM

This http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...-gt5-620op.jpg will replace this car http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...0car/drift.jpg
its going to be a track toy

Deslock 11-09-2009 06:57 AM

Why get something with more than 2 seats for anything other than a daily driver?

Beast 11-09-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deslock (Post 3966)
Why get something with more than 2 seats for anything other than a daily driver?

Exactly.

Also, I don't think the FT86 Market is the guy who drives the 5 series Beemer to work and tools around in his Porsche on the weekend. Anyone who has a daily driver and this is kind of wasting space and money.

I knew several people who had RSX's and Celicas, and then owned Civics and Corollas as daily drivers. I guess if you're a "car show" person, that sort of makes sense? Otherwise, it's just a waste of money.

DanZilla 11-09-2009 08:18 AM

somewhere between dd and weekend. maybe driven 3-4 days a week

S2KtoFT86 11-09-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beast (Post 3967)
Exactly.

Also, I don't think the FT86 Market is the guy who drives the 5 series Beemer to work and tools around in his Porsche on the weekend. Anyone who has a daily driver and this is kind of wasting space and money.

I knew several people who had RSX's and Celicas, and then owned Civics and Corollas as daily drivers. I guess if you're a "car show" person, that sort of makes sense? Otherwise, it's just a waste of money.

Guess I'm just gonna be wasting money. :iono:

White Comet 11-09-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beast (Post 3967)
Exactly.

Come live here for a year and be sure to drive outside of the city during the winter (aka, go snowboarding) and try saying the above again. I know you get some form of winter where you live, but trust me, it ain't like what it is in the mountains of the pacific northwest.

TRDMAN 11-09-2009 11:25 AM

I have a Tacoma 4x4 so the 86 would be a semi dd but the truck would be a bad weather vehicle which in WA is like every day so... During the summer it would probably be a DD

Beast 11-09-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Comet (Post 3984)
Come live here for a year and be sure to drive outside of the city during the winter (aka, go snowboarding) and try saying the above again. I know you get some form of winter where you live, but trust me, it ain't like what it is in the mountains of the pacific northwest.

:)

I didn't mean "daily driver for all conditions." Obviously if you can't drive it very well in snow or don't want to subject it to the salty roads, etc, it's understandible. However during non-super-inclimate weather conditions, I'm guessing the car will be your daily driver?

People are going to do what they want. It just doesn't seem like a fiscally sound move to get a $20K econobox/sporty car and also have another daily driver. Do people considera G35 or 350Z a weekend car? Probably not, and it's in the same category. :iono:

S2KtoFT86 11-09-2009 11:31 AM

The G35/37 and 350/370 would be weekend toys for me. Just depends on who you talk to.